MAG Grips

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
So, D needs new back up grips, rings/hb. He will only wear Hambuchens. but, of course, they are NEVER in stock. I plan to go ahead and order them, and wait, but in the meantime, what recommendations do you have for something similar to the Hambuchens? Are the Bailie Xtreme buckle/hook and loop grips similar? What about the thickness of the leather? RIght now, it seems to be about every 8-10 months or so he needs new grips, so I am looking for something that might last a little longer :)

DS has and loves the Reisport Hyper Protecs. He's still on his first pair, and we only got them at the beginning of the summer, I think, so I can't speak personally to durability, but I have heard that the Hyper Protecs tend to last longer than the regular Reisports.

thanks I hope we don't have to go to that :) He likes the buckle/velcro combo. buckle holds it on, velcro allows him to tighten....but I will have to see. Having him evaluate what he has tonight.

My son has wanted those too but we have never been able to get them in stock. So my son has stuck with the buckle hyper protec and they do last.

I am dreading, absolutely DREADING, that day that I foresee when DS comes home and says, "Mom! Mom!! MOM!!! I neeeeeeeeeed the Hambuchens!"

D just really likes them. HE has a pair and he loves the way they fit. He likes the fact taht he buckles them on and then can tighten them if needed. I may just place the order and hope that they aren't too far backordered.

But they are always backordered and take forever to arrive! I think Fabian has to make a trip down to the grip factory and shake his biceps threateningly.

Reactions: sce
I know. The first pair I got lucky with. I checked daily...saw they were in stock one day, and had them within 3 days....now..nada.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back