Handstand/Front Handspring

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Most of the time, when i do a handstand, i go into a front handspring. I dont know why, but my muscles are so used to doing a front handspring.

How can i stop myself from doing a front handspring?

You need to make sure you are squeezing your core (especially your butt) super tight. Also, push up really high in your shoulders. That will stop you from falling over. Also, the way you kick into a handstand is different from a front handspring...when you do a front handspring, you kick your legs really hard to get over. A handstand is slow and controlled, so you don't have to push as hard to get up.

Handstand/ Front Handspring

Thanks, but i still feel wobbly when i go up. Like i am scared. Then i go over. Any ideas how to stop this bad habit?

Thanks, but i still feel wobbly when i go up.

Maybe if you improved your shoulder and core strength you will have a stronger handstand which you can hold up for longer and wont be so wobbly. Over the Christmas holidays I worked on my shoulder strength and I can hold a handstand for a lot longer now.

Otherwise just do lots of handstands against the wall or with your feet being held by someone.

You do a front handspring or a front lumber-ish thing? My guess is the second. Don't let your tummy out. Think hallow hold while you kick up. Do some without making it to vertical on purpose so you get the feeling of not going over the top.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back