Handstand Handspring on Beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

hi im new to this website but im having a problem with my series on beam its a handstand handspring and im ending up off the beam every time. any insite?

Try to keep your hips square before do the back handspring and look at your hands when you are in the back handspring. I am training a back handspring right now and that is what my coach told me.

It would help to see you doing your handstand flip flop series. It could be that you're twisting your shoulders, or your hips could be out of square. But, of course, without knowing more, I can't offer much help.

While there's many things that could be causing you to fall, the most important thing to do is to stay square when you go into the back handspring. Everything could be perfect, but if you're not square jumping into it you're pretty much doomed.
Other little things to think about are having your shoulders go straight behind you when you jump, being square when you step out, and stepping out into a big lunge (it's easier to fight for your skills if your lunge is bigger).

Most of all, welcome to Chalkbucket!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back