MAG Hard mens conditioning

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
I'm specifically trying to get my shoulders stronger.. just to strengthen my planche conditioning. Since my coach does not condition me I have to condition myself, and figure out what to do. It is difficult to come up with new exercises. I'm in decent shape, and I'm looking to struggle a little, so that I can get stronger. Any difficult conditioning, or a combination of exercises would be appreciated.

I'm specifically trying to get my shoulders stronger.. just to strengthen my planche conditioning. Since my coach does not condition me I have to condition myself, and figure out what to do. It is difficult to come up with new exercises. I'm in decent shape, and I'm looking to struggle a little, so that I can get stronger. Any difficult conditioning, or a combination of exercises would be appreciated.

Seems odd to me that your coach doesn't condition you....

At any rate, if you want to learn more conditioning exercises, gymnasticbodies.com is a great place to start. I've got his book, and while he's certainly not going to win any awards for his writing, Coach Sommers certainly knows his stuff when it comes to conditioning.

I had the exact same problem :)
If you hold a handstand against the wall with your belly towards it, then slowly lower yourself down a little bit and hold it, it should build the right muscles.
Also do straddle ups and downs.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back