Hello from Kalamazoo, MI Area

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hello, my name is Beth and I live in Michigan. My DD Caroline (Caro), age 7, just started gym again last month. We're getting a late start in the grand scheme of things, but up until this point she bounced from sport to sport trying to find what she really liked. Gymnastics it is. We're hoping she'll be moved to pre-team in April. That seems like a long way off.

I competed when I was younger and trained in Lansing with John Geddert at Great Lakes, before his Twistars success. I made it to the equivelent back then of Level 7, training 8 (this was in the 80's) until I dropped out to pursue high school cheerleading. To this day I still question my thinking on that decision!

It's exciting to see Caro in the gym, it brings back memories and I love it! I now understand the feeling and passion that dads get when they watch their sons play football, wrestle, etc.

It's great to be here!

Beth

Welcome and enjoy! I'm sure you will have alot of neat perspectives given your history with the sport.

Hi Beth and welcome :). Lol when I hear Kalamazoo I think Derek Jeter lol. Looking forward to hearing about DD's gymnastics journey and IMHO no 7 is not starting late :)

Welcome to the CB!!! Lots of information here and lots of great people too. I read your post and just had to add that my own DD just quit L8 too... I'm hoping it's not a decision SHE will regret! She's worked very hard to get to this point, but the lure of those High School activities was finally too hard to resist!!! Good luck to your DD!

Hi and welcome! My DD started when she was 8. She was moved to team right before her 9th birthday and competed Level 3 as a 9 year old. She is now almost 12 and is competing Prep Op this season with the hopes to compete Level 7 come January. So I would say that 7 is def not too old!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back