WAG Help needed with Coaches' gifts

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Becauseisaid

Proud Parent
I blatantly stole a board game gift idea for DD's coaches from here (Thanks whoever you were!). But now I'm stuck. I need help with warm-ups/simple skills for beam and floor. Currently we only have L3 and L4 girls.

Here are a couple example of what I DO have for floor:
- Handstand contest! Do 10 perfect handstands. Must have tight hollow body position, pointed toes, must be able to see toes
- You no do ballet right! 10 chasse step split leaps. Straight legs, pointed toes.
- Back walkovers for everyone! 10 smooth back walkovers. Straight legs.
- You were beaten in a race. By the 60 year old owner. Time to work on that leg strength. Squat jumps across the floor two times.

Can anyone help with some ideas both for floor and beam conditioning and simple skills? I especially need some of the dance elements from floor.

10 full turns on floor.

5 handstands without falling on beam.

A full routine with no fall on beam.

10 attempted press handstands

2 rope climbs

You fell with your arms behind you! 10 safety roll tuck jumps!

10 of their jump series on beam.

Hope some of that you can use, you can change the numbers as you see fit.

How do you play? Sounds fun!

I'm doing 3 different board games.

Our bars coach is getting "Barsopoly" a modified Monopoly game. The girls will roll the dice and move that many spaces. Each space has a different strength or simple skill. For example - 1st space is 25 chin ups. Chance cards could be anything from "Coach got knocked out during a bad dismount. Take a break." to "You got 2nd place on bars! Do 25 leg lifts. Feet must go above head.".

Floor coach is getting "The Game of Floor Life" a modified Life game. Same concept as the Barsopoly.

Beam coach is getting "Beam Land" a modified Candy Land. Use the spinner to move your token. 6 sets of cards - 1 for each color. Same type of instructions as the Bars and Floor.

I wanted each game to have skills that are specific to that event though.

You are a wonderful parent. Be sure to include some blank chance cards for the coaches to add more. For beam try arabesque ( or scale) on beam, half turn on beam (full turn if they are uptraining it).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back