High School team looking for an out of state invitational for next season

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm new to chalk bucket, so if this post is in the wrong section let me know and I can delete it :)
I am the head coach of a high school gymnastics team in Minnesota and we are looking for an out of state meet (preferably someplace warm!) for the 24/25 season. I know it's a year away, but it will involve some planning and fundraising on our part. Does anyone have any leads on anything for me?
Thanks in advance!

I moved your post to the WAG forum… this is for a women’s high school team… correct?

Not to be Debbie Downer…make sure you consult with MSHSL. I’m not sure you can participate in a meet that is after State.

I just looked into this meet. I LOVE the idea, but unfortunately it won't work out for us; it's outside of our season and we only have one senior.

It’s out of season for most… I think.

It’s basically a state thing. You organize all of the coaches in the state to create a multi-school senior team and then go and compete as your state.

It’s a fun vacation meet from what ai understand… it’s always in Florida.

As far as other meets for a high school team… I have never heard of any. Maybe just think of a state you want to go to and contact their high school sports association and see if you can get on their schedule for a meet.

I guess you could go to a regular invite… not sure how that would work though… the rules are so different. Our local high schools are anything between level 2 and about level 9 right now.

Not to be Debbie Downer…make sure you consult with MSHSL. I’m not sure you can participate in a meet that is after State.
At this point, you can't coach your kids in MN outside of season or summer waiver period. Sounds like changes are in the works in that department unless we can find more coaches/spotters-especially outstate.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back