WAG Hip hurts after vault mishap

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kimute

Proud Parent
My DD hurt her hip landing on the wrong part of the springboard in a meet two weeks ago. The chiropractor at the meet said it was a jammed SI joint. He did an adjustment and said she would have muscle soreness but it would feel better in a week or so. Saw a PT and a massage therapist who provided some relief but two weeks later now and it still hurts. Anyone have anything like this before? It hasn't seemed bad enough to see a Dr. It does seem just muscular. Maybe patience, ice, and rest? L7 states in 3 weeks and want to get to the bottom of this quickly (yes, I know, her long term health is more important :)). Would welcome any insights (not medical advice, just stories of anything similar. This is a new injury body part for us.)

I'm so sorry she was injured, and I'm sorry I don't have any advice. I just thought it was fascinating that there was a meet chiropractor. Do all your meets have one at the ready? Is there also a doctor?

I have had pretty bad hip pain for years now. Turns out it was my back that was messed up. I know a friend who had major knee pain. Turns out it was her hip. We are not athletes, but pain can radiate and mask the true injury location. So... it might not be her hip at all. Have you done x-rays?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back