WAG HOPES Classic - live scoring anywhere?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Sophia qualified...not her best meet, fall on beam but found out after the meet a wasp had flown in her ear during beam....WTH...and as you can imagine....she had a hard time concentrating after that. Stuck her floor routine...extra swing on bars...but on to CT!
In her ear and she finished the routine?! That's one dedicated girl! Most would have jumped down and ran off! Congrats on qualifying!

Sophia qualified...not her best meet, fall on beam but found out after the meet a wasp had flown in her ear during beam....WTH...and as you can imagine....she had a hard time concentrating after that. Stuck her floor routine...extra swing on bars...but on to CT!

A wasp in my ear on beam would have led to more than a fall for me. I would have run out the gym screaming.

I asked why she didn't stop...she said she wasn't sure what to do...the judges were loudly saying...OMG there is a bee in her ear...she wasn't sure if she was even still being judged.

Crazy. I guess in other circumstances she might have been able to redo the routine. Still 4th AA with a fall is pretty impressive.

Did you manage to video Sophia?

No video......not this meet....I did watch and her floor was amazing...but too many people....I am not comfortable in crowds so mainly stayed out of the building..,

Omg, we saw a wasp flying around her on beam but didn't realize it had gone in her ear! DD noticed the wasp flying right by and said she would've jumped off the beam and gone running if that happened to her! Sophia deserves a special medal for that!!

I am amazed she continued. Mine would have been in the run screaming crowd.

After Hopes this year, what will she and the others do next year? Junior Elite?

That will be a great story some day. It's already a great story!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back