Off Topic How do you beat summer boredom for a gymnast??? Easy...Flying 101...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Azgymmiemom

Proud Parent
My dd really, really wanted to try to fly on the trapeze, so we signed her up for "Flying 101" It was an intro class, so she only got to go up 4 times, but on the 4th, they decided she was ready to try a catch! It was really exciting to watch, although my dear mother in law is horrified that I even let her climb up the ladder, lol!!

She had a wonderful time, and can't wait to go back...I think she may decide to run off and join the circus!! :D

It's kind of a long video...but for a two hour class, I only had 7 minutes of footage of her on the set. So...in that perspective, I guess it's a short video ;)

Flying 101...Trapeze class - YouTube

That looks so cool, I want a go!

Admittedly, when I realised she was climbing all the way up that ladder and standing up on the tiddly platform without a harness I almost sided with Grandma...

But seriously good fun.

Very cool. That made me smile (which probably lets everybody who sees me at my desk know that I'm not working)! My DD has that leo! It's one of her favorites! A Melody Leotard special!

Oh wow! That looks like so much fun! It also made me smile, especially at the end, when she did the catch :) I chuckled right along when she let go and went wheeling down to the net. I am always amazed at how gymnastics gives our kids a base for all other things they try. I am sure it contributed to her being able to do the catch on her fourth time up! I bet she had a blast! Thanks for sharing!

That looks awesome!!!!! I wanna do that! And your DD is adorable! I laughed at the guy (dad?) in the background right before she caught it saying, "She's not gonna be able to reach!"

...that was her biggest big brother(17) who was filming her...incidentally, big brother 17 and big brother 11 would not even consider doing it.
@Mary...she LOVES that leo...mostly because of the open back!! She's eyeing the giraffe and lime one that Melody has for sale right now, too!!

I don't know how many places there are like this around, but this one is on the way to my brother's house and we drive by it all the time. Finally decided to sign her up for a class. I'm putting my foot down, and she will NOT be able to do this as a team thing...its HIGHLY expensive!! ($65 for a 2 hr class) We went on 1/2 price night, but they let more people into that class, so you don't get as many turns. I'm glad she did it, though. What an experience!!

How fun!!! They have a couple of places like that semi near where I live and my friends and I have been thinking about going and trying it this summer :)

The Fellows thought this was Sooooooo cool. She wants to try it even though being upside down freaked her out a little. My response... Huh?

Thanks for sharing this.

OMG, my dd would LOVE to do something like this, she has done the trampolines with the harness tha make you bounce really high and loves to amaze people on that by doing lots of flips:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back