WAG How much is the USAG membership fee to compete in the US?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Foreign athlete fee is US$25 per year - we pay it every year to compete in the U.S.

Foreign coaches also have to pay $25/year.

We have never been to Sand Dollar.

We are going to Whitlow, which is run with Sand Dollar!

for those who don't know who Jason Whitlow is, it is the boys competition run in conjunction with the girls meet and in his memory.

there was also Jason Whitfield. my mind is drawing a blank at the moment. sorry about that.

Yeah, I realized that after I posted, and then I couldn't find anything either.

But...we will be there :)

I think Whitlow used to be called Sue Whitlow, not sure why though.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

We went to the Sand Dollar. Had a blast! Incredibly fun medals and great gymnast gift! It was a bit distracting to have two gyms running side by side because the musics overlapped and it made it hard to hear. Oh, and concessions are crazy high because of the site. But the meet itself was well run and my DD had LOTS of fun! Those medals are her absolute favorites so far in her short little career.

I think Whitlow used to be called Sue Whitlow, not sure why though.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

yes, that what was racking my brain. it was Sue Whitlow and it's in her memory. the deceased memory of the competition has escaped me. maybe someone from down Florida way will remember. than you, Mariposa.

Went to the sand dollar last year and had a great time. The only complaint I had was the room. The Cheapest Disney resort was the Pop Sport (and that collection of hotels). they were renovating and the smell of paint was awful. The room we were in when we arrived had a dirty toilet, and a stained bed spread. They cleaned that up and at night there was a green blinking light coming from the back of the TV. Upon investigation we had the main router for the entire floor in our room. They gave us a new room in the morning but it really wasn't what I have come to know as Disney quality. If you can upgrade the room to at least one level up I would do it. Also be prepared to pay for your way in to the venue to see your child compete. The magic pass get you in the complex area outside but doesn't allow you in the buildings. Also the standard magic pass doesn't include downtown Disney or the water parks - its cheaper when you purchase the pass to add it on when you purchase the pass rather than adding it on once you get there.

Our gym goes to Sand Dollar, and the girls really like it.
On a side note, downtown Disney is free, you don't need a pass as its mostly shops and restaurants.

Sand Dollar is put on by Orlando Metro booster club. We are going to that meet this year too. As far as hotels, I would stay away from the lowest end Disney hotels. They can be a little questionable. However, there are some great hotels off site in Orlando, many of which offer shuttles to Disney.

Disney=expensive. Everything from parks to food to parking can be pricey. However, most of the hotels have great pool areas so depending on the weather and if the pools are heated, you might be able to get away with doing some stuff around the hotel instead of going to parks.

We live down here and therefore tend NOT to swim in January, but people who live up north have a different perception of "cold" than we do. :)

Depending on how many of you are going you can get great rates on houses with pools etc. you may want to look at VRBO as a starting point.

We are looking at Orange Lake? I guess our team stayed there last time. We also found some great deals on VRBO but our coach wants us to stay together.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back