WAG How much time is spent on a high beam during beam?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'd say most of beam work is on high beam. Routine work, drills, core work is always on high beam. During comp season, all routines are usually practiced on high beam. They may warm up or do the difficult tumbing on medium beam once and then go to high beam. We only have 3 or 4 high beams with maybe 8 girls practicing on beam at a time. So, the girls take turns. Low or floor beams are used for uptraining and/or if a gymnast wants to use the low beam because all high beams are taken. The average I would say is, because of waiting and practicing first on low beam, 75% on high beam or at least medium height beam.

Of my 30 minute compulsory beam workouts, they spend the first 10-15 minutes doing basics sharing high beams. Then they jump off the beams for a minute or two of instructions, and then are back on the beams working skills, drills, and routine parts. I'll usually have one station on a high beam with a port-a-pit under it, and maybe one station on a line or floor beam, but other than that, they are on high beams.

Probably on a high beam 22-26 minutes of a 30 minute rotation.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back