WAG How much?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I just wanted to ask about money and gymnastics?
1. How much is your training? (Mines $8 an hour)
2. What kind of plan are you on?
3. How much is your club leotard?
4. Do you have any hidden fees?

1. I guess if you broke it down to hourly its $4/hour
2. What does that mean?
3. $350 (includes warm-up and bag)
4. No. Our owner is very upfront about the fees. And they don't charge more than the meets actually cost--no padding their pockets with team fees.

Rec gymnasts pay £4.00 per hour - they either pay termly (every 12 weeks) or monthly.

Competitive gymnasts pay £1.80 an hour and all pay monthly.

We are considered a mid price club in our region, but many of the cheaper clubs are funded through the council - we aren't.

There are no 'hidden' costs but all gymnasts must pay the appropriate amount of insurance to British gymnastics and we do have an annual membership fee which pays for a membership pack, a birthday card, a Christmas card and a small Christmas present.

Our club Leo, which the rec gymnasts wear (it isn't compulsory though), costs £20.00 for sleeveless and £25.00 for long sleeved. We also have various items of clothing for sale.

We hire our competition Leo out at £8.00 per competition. Once the club has made it's money back on them we sell them on and get new ones. We had our last ones for 4 years and got new ones this year.

Competition fees are extra and we ask for those when the entry is due for the competition. These can be anything from £10-£25 per gymnast.

Certain fundraisers require parents to spend money too so maybe that is a hidden cost but we do try to be up front about all costs in our membership pack.

I just wanted to ask about money and gymnastics?
1. How much is your training? (Mines $8 an hour)
2. What kind of plan are you on?
3. How much is your club leotard?
4. Do you have any hidden fees?

1. $500 a month for 25 hours a week.
2. Monthly tuition with 30-day notice if we leave.
3. $150 for leo, warm ups, and bag (compulsory). $300 for leo, warm ups, and bag (optional).
4. Pretty straight forward - meet fees, coaching fees, USAG membership, region membership.

My daughter competed Level 3 this past season and is training Level 4 this summer (will not be told what level she will compete until the end of the summer).

We pay $325 a month for 16 hours a week. Comp leo cost about $200 and her warm ups cost about the same. Her practice leo was about $65 but I could be wrong.. paid for that last summer. Not sure what the upcoming season will bring.

As for hidden fees... we have mandatory fundraising whereas if we don't raise enough, we pay the difference of what is required. Certain meets are not covered by the PA so we pay for those. Not necessarily a hidden fee, but we are required to work Bingo approximately 2 (sometimes 3) times a month. Coaches fees for certain meets that are no covered by PA. I am sure I am forgetting things...

My daughter competed Level 3 this past season and is training Level 4 this summer (will not be told what level she will compete until the end of the summer).

We pay $325 a month for 16 hours a week. Comp leo cost about $200 and her warm ups cost about the same. Her practice leo was about $65 but I could be wrong.. paid for that last summer. Not sure what the upcoming season will bring.

As for hidden fees... we have mandatory fundraising whereas if we don't raise enough, we pay the difference of what is required. Certain meets are not covered by the PA so we pay for those. Not necessarily a hidden fee, but we are required to work Bingo approximately 2 (sometimes 3) times a month. Coaches fees for certain meets that are no covered by PA. I am sure I am forgetting things...
What she said ;)

1. $250 a month for 9 hours a week for pre-competative.
2. Paid the 1st of every month.
3. New leos and warm ups this year so not sure of the cost. Last set was $65 for precomp leo and $80 for warm up jacket.
4. Mandatory fundraising that you can buy out of if you don't want to participate and mandatory volunteer hours that you pay out at the end of the season if you didn't fulfill the needed hours.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back