How to do a cody on trampoline

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

aerialriver

Coach
Gymnast
I am hoping some T&T folks will see this perhaps CoachGoofy :eek: I am trying to get that darn cody. I can do the back 3/4 and pullover out but I can't flip it (scary) and I don't think it is correct. I do the stomach drop portion then when I pull my knees I travel forward like a gainer, which I don't think will work trying to flip it! Here is a video of the back 3/4 and the forward travel. YouTube - ‪MOV00834‬‏

So I want to know how do you teach them? Any drills? And how do you actually perform the skill mechanically like step by step. The imput I have gotten from my coach is just to stay tight and flip it and bring my knees to my chest. I really need a play by play. I have watched some videos but I can't tell how they are doing it. Any help would be great!

you can see that your body wants to continue thru the somi. but then you counter rotate your arms. probably cause your a bit scared of that feeling you get when it gainers and begins to turn over. you need someone that knows how to hand spot these on a trampoline. it's quite easy and you look ready to turn over.:)

no spotter? then do you have an overhead rig??

I have a kid who is doing exactly that right now, she's afraid to flip it all of a sudden (I think she grew). Really all we tell them (usually) is to throw their knees and keep going until their feet find the trampoline--and the first billion they go for we have a throw mat handy. It's not a hard skill so much as an intimidating one.

If you can do a double back, or even a back tuck to back, you have done as much or more rotation than you're looking for in one go.

The only drill other than the one you have on here that we do a bit of is instead of pulling over to feet, pulling over to back bc that emphasizes a bit more rotation.

can i tell you that back in my day, a few of us including myself performed back 2 3/4 triple cody's. we were bat crazy then.:)

can i tell you that back in my day, a few of us including myself performed back 2 3/4 triple cody's. we were bat crazy then.:)

Yes completly batty! I think I will stick to just being able to flip it in a proper tuck shape without my arms flapping around!

And yes CoachGoofy it was fun! It just feels so funky! I can't wait to do more!

OMG I AM SO JEALOUS. My coach flipped out when I decided in my infinite stupidity to try a back 1 3/4 into a cody. And if I'd tried a double cody I probably would not have lived to tell the tale.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back