How to get through long practices?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

Mack_the_Ripper

My workouts are usually 4 hours, sometimes after a 7-to-3 school day, but next wek we don't have school because of spring break. I'm leaving for New Mexico on Tuesday, so my coach decided it was a good idea to have me squeeze my entire week's workout into Monday...I'll be going for four hours in the morning, have a three hour break, and coming back for four more hours! Any advice on how to keep going, keep my energy up, etc? I'm usually exhausted after only one practice!

This is how the elites generally train and a lot of gyms do this for non elites too. A lot of it is your mind set, if you keep thinking to yourself "I'm going to be so tired". Then you will end up being very tired, just remember that lots of kids do this, even very young kids and they cope fine and you can too.

A good breakfast to start the day and a good nights sleep the night before will help. When you go home for your three hour break have a good lunch and relax, you will have no trouble recharching your batteries for the next session.

Drink plenty of water, a lot of fatigue is actually caused by dehydration. Start drinking extra water now, drink plenty every day leading up to training. The drink lots of water before during and after training.

Avoid sugar, soda's or candy. Sugar tends to give you a big boost in energy that drops off quickly and then makes you tired. Go for longer lasting energy food like pasta. Bring a quick snack like a banana.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back