Huge Brag Alert!!! So proud!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

N

NGL780309

I posted awhile back that DD was struggling to get her kip and finally tonight she was able to do 5! I'm just so proud of her and happy for her. I have to admit that I thought it was never going to happen. It felt that way anyway. She had done some "accidently" when she was first learning them and then never again. She always needed just that little finger to help her. Now that she got them again they look much nicer, some nicer than others, but at this point I'm just happy she did it.

Did I mention I was proud of her?:eek:;)

WTG to your DD. Im sure she is just as tickled as you are about it

Thanks everyone. She was very happy. She woke up this morning and was her normal grumpy morning self and then she remembered she did it and she was so happy.

It's hard not having anyone to tell because nobody understands. It's not like grandma gets too excited or any of my other friends. They are just like, oh that's nice. They don't realize that it's a really big hurdle. I'm so glad I have this place to share where people understand.

Congrats to your DD!!!!!

My DD can't wait to get there. She did 3 "by accident" the other day and none since. She's the first of her group to get there, so she was happy, but she can't believe it might take her months of hard work to get it properly and consistently! I don't think she realizes just yet what a challenge that particular skill can be.

Huge accomplishment! I remember when my DD got hers. It was like a great weight had been lifted off her shoulders!!!! She has a couple teammates who still struggle with it, so it is great that your DD has conquered it.

It's hard not having anyone to tell because nobody understands. It's not like grandma gets too excited or any of my other friends. They are just like, oh that's nice. They don't realize that it's a really big hurdle. I'm so glad I have this place to share where people understand.

This is so true!!!!! That's why I am so thankful that I found this place. When I used facebook to brag about B's mill circle, all I got was "what's a mill circle" and then... "oh. Ummm.. cool." LOL So nice to have a place where the milestones mean something to others!

Congratulations to your DD on her kip! Very very big deal!

Congrats on the kip! Happy kipping!

My sister in law is a college gymnast now and competed L10 throughout high school so she completely understands what our daughter is talking about and she is great about being supportive and excited for her when she does well at a meet or gets or connects a new skill. Grandma is pretty good because she picked up a lot during years of L10 meets. On the other hand, I am still figuring a lot of this out and am really still a quite clueless gym mom.

I'm extra excited now because she was able to do her kips again tonight and she even did 2 on the high bar. For some reason I thought it would take her awhile to get it on the high bar. She misses as many as she makes, but hey it's a start. I'm glad she struggled with it because it makes it extra sweet. She's really on a high right now and I'm glad she sees that her work paid off.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back