I love my dd's gym!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Natasha

Proud Parent
Just have to brag about my dd's gym. We've been here since she started team 4 years ago. Is it perfect? No. But, it is a huge team of over 100 gymnasts, and we are able to have a "family" feel. That in itself I think is huge. The parents are supportive and so willing to help out and do stuff. The girls are sweet to each other and supportive. Most importantly the owner and coaches have the philosophy that their goal is for the girls to be better people when they "retire" from gymnastics. This doesn't mean that they don't also want to do well, have state champs, etc, but it does mean that the girls are kids first and gymnasts second. Sure, there are times I wish they would be a little more serious in the training, but I wouldn't trade that for all the positives that we have now.
Sorry to ramble, but we had our banquet last night and I just really am so thankful for such a great environment for my dd...so I just had to brag about our gym. For our coaches "gift" this year, all the girls and parents wrote personal notes to the coaches and each coach was given a huge envelope with notes of thanks and appreciation from the gymnasts and parents. The coaches said that meant SO much more to them than the usual gift cards, plaques, etc.

Until you said your banquest was last night i thought we went to the same gym. JK

I love that idea of everyone writting a note to their coach! That is an awesome idea! Thanks for sharing!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back