WAG I want to go on vacation!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

they do. and all of the high level gyms tha Reply With Quotet i am aware of never close like you have described. i am aware that gyms close a week at the end of summer. 2 weeks at Christmas. etc; but most that i am aware of do not close for team practice.:)[/QUOTE]

We were at a "National Team Training Center" and they closed (completely) for 7-10 days in July or August...it usually coincided with them taking their athletes to VISAs (so those girls worked out) but the rest of the team was on vacation...

yes. i know this. most of us don't close though because we have the staff to do both.:)

I didnt read the whole thread, but really, she has 4 years on level 10. She will only miss maybe 3-4 practices and she could do a few privates to make it up.

I can say that because my 14-yr-old dd training level 10 rolled both ankles 15 days before her first level 10 meet. She still made it to state and regionals despite missing half her first 10 season.

I can also say it because my 15-yr-old level 10 broke her foot and had surgery in June. She might be able to compete in January, but we dont know.

These injuries have put things in perspective for me. So many missed parties, vacations, family outings because of non-season practice, only to be forced to sit out because of injury.

We love gym and her goal is still college gymnastics, but things out of our control have given us some hindsight. Your dd can miss a few days now, 3 months before season, and she will be fine. A strong gymnast will not have much of a problem with a few days off. Again, she can do some privates or extra practice if she needs to. And she can easily condition on the boat by herself, or she can relax and enjoy herself.

Have fun on your vacation! I'm jealous.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back