Parents IGC Thanksgiving - ideas for younger sibling

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm thinking about letting my 7 year old got to the IGC camp in Pa on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. But I'm having trouble finding ideas for what to do with my 5 year old while my daughter is in the camp for the day. There's lots of summer based ideas, but what can you do there in the winter? I did find something at Peddlers Village, but I"m looking for other options. And, we might stay over and need something to do on Sunday.

Yes, GWL is one of my kids' favorite places on earth. No day passes though, and it is pricey!

Hello,

My dd, age 7, is going this year and sleeping over. She did not sleep over last year so we went as a family and stayed in a hotel. My son was only 2 last year but there was NOTHING for him to do. The hotel pool was closed most of the time which was a bummer. We found an indoor game place about 30 minutes away that wasn't too bad. We spent most of Saturday there until we had to go back to IGC to get dd. There is really nothing there but outlet shopping and a mall. The mall isn't all that great.

With that said we are not staying there this year since it's only and hour away. Peddler's Village is in Bucks County. I go there frequently with my kids as we are only 15 minutes away. It' not nearby but about and hour plus drive. Giggleberry Fair is there and is great for the kids. I'm not sure if that's the place you were referring too?

H2Oooooh Waterpark in Lake Harmony is about 40 minutes away. It is at the Split Rock Resort, but you can purchase passes without having to stay there. You are also very close to the Delaware Water Gap which is great for hiking (they have some easy trails and they are well marked). Of course if it is cold that may not be a good option. There is an outlet mall in Tannersville which is just west of Stroudsburg. You may find this website helpful:

Things to Do in Stroudsburg, PA - Attractions, Activities, What to Do in Stroudsburg - Uptake.com

Wish my DD could go to IGC. I think it would be fun for her. But it is against the rules of our gym for gymnasts to go to any outside gymnastics camps other than Karolyis' Invitational Camps. I think I may find a sleep away camp for her next year that is not gymnastics related for the experience.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back