WAG Injury taping

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

ivyagogo

Coach
What kind of tape do you like for ankle support? Does the stretchy kind that sticks to itself work at all? I want to order some stuff to make sure I have it for our first meet in case we need some.

Nope stays on perfectly! It works better than things such as k-tape that stick to the foot etc.. Because it sticks to itself so if you have a gymnast with sweaty feet then it doesn't become unstuck! I really recommend this stuff!

I guess it depends how tough you need it. When dd broke her foot she was straped (foot and ankle) for quite some time after coming out of plaster. We used a patella taping kit which consisted of a pre-wrap and really sticky sports tape. It certainly stayed put - we had to cut it off each day but the pre-wrap prevented any irritation- particularly as she was being taped 5 days a week.

We used this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Patella-Taping-Kit-Sports-Twin/dp/B003L0V6JK

I tape my own ankles and use prewrap or a soft neoprene ankle brace underneath and then athletic tape over. I actually use 2 inch athletic tape as versus the typical 1.5 inch though. In general it sticks to its self pretty well. At meets I use tan athletic tape and prewrap.

Do a test patch first, I know of someone who decided to tape up their weak ankle on a ski holiday and then they reacted really badly to the adhesive.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back