WAG Irma...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Just want to say that my thoughts are with anyone in the path of Irma. I can't even imagine living in a hurricane zone. I'll never complain about a winter blizzard again. Please stay safe everyone!!
i have several friends there and they are running out of everything in the hurricane zone. water, generators, gas.... some of my friends may take a direct hit. i'll take our blizzards and nor'easters over hurricanes. so scary.

are they not doing any more deliveries? they should truck some more water in, at the least.
A few super markets are received more water today and yesterday, but in relatively small amounts, so they have already run out again (Luckily, we already had plenty of water!!). And the gas situation is just terrible. I know many, many, many gas stations have run out and won't receive any more gas until after the hurricane, but a very small amount of gas stations HAVE received more gas, but since it's only a few gas stations, the lines for gas can leave you waiting 1-2 hours!! And I'm not sure about the bread situation (HAHA! I know I'm a little too worried about the bread!). We haven't tried going back to any stores, since it's complete chaos, and quite frankly, stressful.

A few super markets are received more water today and yesterday, but in relatively small amounts, so they have already run out again (Luckily, we already had plenty of water!!). And the gas situation is just terrible. I know many, many, many gas stations have run out and won't receive any more gas until after the hurricane, but a very small amount of gas stations HAVE received more gas, but since it's only a few gas stations, the lines for gas can leave you waiting 1-2 hours!! And I'm not sure about the bread situation (HAHA! I know I'm a little too worried about the bread!). We haven't tried going back to any stores, since it's complete chaos, and quite frankly, stressful.

the not having gas would worry me. especially if you need to leave. praying Irma loses a ton of power before she hits. stay safe!

the not having gas would worry me. especially if you need to leave. praying Irma loses a ton of power before she hits. stay safe!
Thank you! Luckily, we bought gas on Tuesday and haven't really gone anywhere after that! The problem is that we don't know if we should leave because it's predicted to impact Florida, Georgia, and the Carolinas pretty hard. And it's too late to get a plane ticket and/or drive PAST the places Irma is expected to hit. I guess I'll hide in my closet! I hope it leaves as much damage as hurricane Matthew (A puddle)!

As far as water, before Harvey I filled every container over 12 oz, soup pots. Water bottles, trash cans. Ironically, we only lost water a week later when they turned it off to work on the plumbing and I had already emptied the trash cans.

As far as water, before Harvey I filled every container over 12 oz, soup pots. Water bottles, trash cans. Ironically, we only lost water a week later when they turned it off to work on the plumbing and I had already emptied the trash cans.
Oh no! At least it wasn't Harvey that caused you to lose water!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back