Is your gym air conditioned?

• Yes

Votes: 20 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • Air conditioning? Never heard of it.

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
We're in Minnesota (the land of cold and snow) and we have A/C and they actually turn it on. The thing my daughter complains about is the humidity--makes the beams really wet!

we are like lhmom - the gym IS air conditioned; but during the summer it seems to have a hard time keeping up some days. But down here, to not have an AC would be pretty dangerous for the kids. Between the heat and humidity, I just don't think that they could train for hours per practice. I don't know how that TN gym gets away with it!!

No a/c here in Barbados - our gym owner couldn't afford it, it would make gym more expensive for everyone. We don't ever have 100+ degree days though, so it isn't that bad. Yes it's hot, and when we come to pick up our kids dressed in our work clothes we do sweat terribly. But the kids manage just fine. Never, ever closed the gym due to excessive heat.

We are in az. Before this year, we.never had ac. Just swap coolers and fans. This year, we rented heaters in the winter and industrial ac units in the summer. Made a huge difference. I think it is a practice we will continue. When it's 115 out, that's just miserable for everyone.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back