JO Rules

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

K

Kirbygymnastics

Hello Everyone,
I am a coach from Canada who is bringing a group of gymansts to the Gasparilla Classic next weekend. It is our first time traveling to a meet in the US. I do not have a copy of the JO Code of points I am trying to modify our routines to make them compatible with the US rules. I have a few questions I am hoping someone can help me with. Thank you in advance:)

1) At level 9, if you only have 3 B's, but have 2 C's, will one of the C's count as a B, or will they be missing an element?
2) On beam, if you were to connect back handspring- back handspring, does that count as one B or two?
3) How do you get connection and/or difficulty bonus in L9 and L10?
4) How does the warm up work? It says on the schedule there is 30 minutes for general stretch, 15 minutes for timed warms ups and then competition. What does the 15 minute for timed warm up consist of? A touch on your first event?

Thank you to anyone who takes the time to reply! I apprecaite it.

4) How does the warm up work? It says on the schedule there is 30 minutes for general stretch, 15 minutes for timed warms ups and then competition. What does the 15 minute for timed warm up consist of? A touch on your first event?

Can't speak to the other stuff, but DD goes to meets organized by the same people doing Gasparilla (and we'll be down there watching this one). At each rotation, you'll get 15 minutes for your flight (your girls, plus others, usually around 8-12 girls) to warm up on the apparatus. You'll have to share among however many are rotating with you. You'll get 15 at each rotation.

It's a big meet and there will be a lot of good athletes there, so have fun. It's a big place (professional baseball park) with plenty of parking.

1) At level 9, if you only have 3 B's, but have 2 C's, will one of the C's count as a B, or will they be missing an element?
2) On beam, if you were to connect back handspring- back handspring, does that count as one B or two?
3) How do you get connection and/or difficulty bonus in L9 and L10?
1. One of the Cs will fulfill the fourth B requirement.
2. Two Bs, as long as they are connected.
3. L9 - bonus comes only from connection bonus...it depends on the event what needs to be connected. L10 can get bonus through connections and difficulty (+.1 for D skills and +.2 for E skills). You can only get .4 of either type...so you need to do connections and difficulty to get the full .5 The bonus for each event is here: http://usagym.org/PDFs/Women/Rules/J.O. Code of Points/lev9_10scorsheetsappndx8-2009revAug2010.pdf

Good luck!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back