Parents Level 6 Floor question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My daughter is in JO Level 6, long story short she struggles with backwards connected passes. It was suggested she just do front passes for her floor which she can do really easily. One of her coaches said there is a .5 deduction for not doing backwards passes and another coach said the rule had changed. I have no idea and was wondering if anyone knows. It seems like level 7 she would have to do a back pass so I want her to continue working on her mental block.

Can she do any back tumbling? One girl at our gym did a connecting front tuck, RO, back tuck instead of a ROBH, BT because she had a mental block.

My daughter is in JO Level 6, long story short she struggles with backwards connected passes. It was suggested she just do front passes for her floor which she can do really easily. One of her coaches said there is a .5 deduction for not doing backwards passes and another coach said the rule had changed. I have no idea and was wondering if anyone knows. It seems like level 7 she would have to do a back pass so I want her to continue working on her mental block.
Yes the second coach is correct. Level 6 requirements don’t specifying direction of tumbling, just need one pass with three elements then second pass with salto. But, yes, level 7 does require both forward and backward, so would not be unusual for a gym to expect their level 6‘s to also have both directions in their floor routine Showing progression towards the 7 requirements.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back