Parents Judges Cup - Guess the scores

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

Midget's Dad

Been a while since we did this so why not. I had to go several days without seeing the feedback sheet so even though I have it let's see what you all think.

This is Midget's first meet as a Level 4. Her next one is in 2 weeks.

Embedding is being wonky so YouTube - Bella L4 Judges Cup

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for sharing---she is adorable and did a wonderful job :). Seeing Bella doing the routines along with that song bring tears to my eyes remembering my gymmie doing those routines! Wish her a great season!!! keep us posted on her progress.

She looked so cute!! I would have to guess her AA score was somewhere in the 33's? Very similar to my DD's first level 4 meet! She can now work to polish up everything!! She had a really solid floor routine, I would say that routine was around 9.0! Her vault looks really good too!! Great job Bella!! Good luck at your next meet!!

Great job Bella! She looks really good for her first L4 meet! I agree about floor - very nice. I would guess somewhere in the mid 8s for floor and vault. Not sure about beam and bars since she had falls on both, plus a spot on beam and I know that can be a big deduction. I will guess high 6s, low 7s? Once she gets the front hip and the beam dismount and gets some more confidence on beam, she will be great.

My guesses, don't be mad at me I'm not a judge and I know this is her first meet so she did very well remembering the routines. I can tell floor must be ber best!

Bars- 7.5

Beam- 7.8

Floor 8.8

Vault 8.5

AA- 32.6

Am I close?

I think she did great! It will be fun to watch her improve all season. I like that there were no medals given at this meet. Now my guesses:::

Bars: 7.3 (darn front hip circle)
Beam: 7.5 (will def. shoot up higher as the season goes on)
Floor: 8.5 (very nice form and presentation)
Vault: 8.6 (I can never tell on vault so it is a bit of a guess, but it did look like she piked off the board)

Tell her to keep up the good work!

My guesses, don't be mad at me I'm not a judge and I know this is her first meet so she did very well remembering the routines. I can tell floor must be ber best!

Don't worry I wont get mad at anyone's guesses. All in good fun.

I am going to hold off on the scores until later but I will say that usually beam is her strongest, but she was very shaky and rushed, I think because she was nervous about the dismount, ever since she got hurt doing it she has been scared of it. But that will get better.

I think she did great for her first level 4 meet!! Those first meets are tough. Hard to get back into the swing of things and the new level makes it even more nerve wracking for them. If it is anything like most Judges Cups, the judging was tough. She reminded me a lot of my DD at her first meet, so since I am an awful judge, I am going by my experience with her meets and scores and our judging here (so sorry if they sound harsh!).

Bars- 6.5
Beam- 6.0
Floor- 7.5
Vault- 7.5

I know less than nothing about scores so I won't even try...lol

I go by what I see...see did great! If she was nervous, she didn't show it! She looked like she had fun and you can tell floor is her fave! Tell her great job and keep up the good work. Good luck in two weeks! :)

I think she did great! It will be fun to watch her improve all season. I like that there were no medals given at this meet. Now my guesses:::

Bars: 7.3 (darn front hip circle)
Beam: 7.5 (will def. shoot up higher as the season goes on)
Floor: 8.5 (very nice form and presentation)
Vault: 8.6 (I can never tell on vault so it is a bit of a guess, but it did look like she piked off the board)

Tell her to keep up the good work!

These would be about my guesses as well. Can't wait to watch her improving all season!

She is just so adorable and looked like she was having the time of her life. Looking at her smile is what its all about. Liked that her coach was smiling at her while doing floor. Looks like you have a real budding performer on your hands.

She needs to slow it down on all the events and thats so common at the 1st meet---even for the seasoned optional level girls. Nerves and excitement take over. Tell her we think she is so cute we want to see her really hit all of her positions.

Anyway, my scores for what they're worth:
Vault: 8.2
Bars: 7.5
Beam: 6.5(this should go way up once there is no spot and they do more reps of the routine)
Floor: 8.4 or so.

For her first meet she looks great. She has great form with her tight body and pointed toes wish my 13yo would stay that tight. Her challenge event looks like beam. But it looks like she is going to be a really good gymnast.
I would say she did very well for a first meet. I and I predict she will be a high scorer as time moves forward.

And boy the Cutie points she will get. She is adorable.

Oh And I love the pictures and videos everyone posts - Hope we have alot of things this year to show off. I can hardly wait for my DD to start competing in Dec. With the move to the new gym she is really renewed andjut SOOOOOO excited she can hardly wait.

Well I think she is lovely and I think she carried herself VERY well at her first meet!:) She reminds me a lot of my little DD who is 6 and a L4.

I have watched 2 seasons of L4 now and I would probably guess somewhere around the following...and I am guessing most of the deductions are for details. This is how it often is with young ones!

vault 8.0
bars 7.0
beam 6.25
floor 7.5

My daughter will probably have very similar scores at her first meet with bars quite a bit lower!:eek:

Once her nerves calm down on beam you will see that score shoot up. Floor will go up too once she gets all those details down. What fun it will be to see that. Tell her GREAT JOB from us!:)

Well I must say that everyone was pretty close. My take on it is...

Bars: She is still working on the FHC of course, but getting close. And her Mill is much tighter than last year.

Beam: She rushed and was just a bit off-balance the whole time. I really think it was because she dreaded the dismount so much that she couldn't see past it, even before she got to it.

Floor: I thought she did amazing. A little fast and some minor mistakes here and there.

Vault: Her vault has come so far, she actually knows how to run now. But she was looking better in practice than she showed I think. She was getting tired though.

Scores were given in a range. Basically it was about what they thought she would have gotten, but I have heard that they are typically tougher than usual during this meet.

Bars: 7.7 - 8.0
Beam: 6.5 - 6.8
Floor: 7.8 - 8.1
Vault: 8.9 - 9.1

I guess this would be why I will never be a judge! I always score way higher than they do! But I really thought her floor routine was much nicer than the score they gave her! Must be the mom in me!!

I know nothing about scoring as my daughter is JUST starting comp this year and is only a L2. So this really is my first rodeo as far as this goes..lol

But just from watching, i thought she looked great. I loved her floor routine. She bobbled a bit here and there on the beam and a little on bars. But hey this is her first comp. She was nervous about that, scared of the dismount on the beam. And that in itself could have carried over into the other events not just beam.

I think (and i swear its not the momma in me talking...lol) that she did great. She is adorable. From the smile on her face, and the determination in her eyes..you can see that she LOVES what she is doing, and works her rear off to do the best she can. You cant possibly ask for more than that.

I look forward to seeing how she improves through the season. Im sure at the end of this season and you play this video against her last, the improvements will blow your mind away.

Tell her to keep up the good work, its really paying off. And give her hugs and kisses from all her honorary Aunts and Uncles on the CB

Im sure at the end of this season and you play this video against her last, the improvements will blow your mind away.

The other day I put together her first 2 years , levels 2 and 3, on one DVD for her. Watching it is pretty incredible, so your point about this is excellent.

She does work really hard, and the first real meet is only a few days away.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back