Just a vent! GRRR

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymgurl

Coach
Gymnast
Okay, we just found out the day of states for next year which is about 2 months earlier than normal. Fine. except for the fact that that is 2 weeks after the school holidays and they expect us to cancel any holiday we have planned or not go with our family even if it is just for a week of the 3 week break. This is a bit ironic as the gym are taking 3 squads to china (including mine, but only half can go) during those holidays, yes they will be training a bit not the whole time. If we go away, we don't go to states.

In addition to everyone's anger it is especially bad for me as it is my last states ever and if I don't go i am no longer eligible for bonus points for university entrance.

Its not as if I am going to be having a week of no exercise either, its a family ski trip and I can't miss that either as I have to race for my club. Personally I think it is ridiculous that a gym can 'cancel' family holidays. I know there are certain rules on team etc but here we are on the low key squad similar to prep op. To me, this is ridiculous. I am sure there are coaches out there that disagree but considering this is my last state champs ever i was hoping i would get to compete at them.

Vent Over.

I believe this would be due to the Olympics. We have the same issue's, our Nationals, states and regionals are all about 2 months earlier because if we left them where they were they would clash with the Olympics.

Thanks for making that clear for me aussie coach, i was really confused as to why they were earlier!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back