Parents Just need to vent...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

FlippinLilysMom

Proud Parent
So my DDs video was submitted to Valeri to hopefully get an invite to developmental camp that is coming up in June, her video was submitted almost 8 weeks ago. First they said we would find out in a couple of weeks, then that turned into 2-3 more weeks and yesterday we found out it could be another 3-4 weeks. The camp is in 6 weeks!! I just don't want to find out like a week before that she made it and then have to buy super expensive plane tickets for myself, my DD AND her coach!! Sorry, just had to vent. Feels like we have been waiting forever. One of her teammates found out about her video less than 2 weeks after it was submitted (she is going to the invitational camp that is next week) so just feeling a bit aggravated. At this point we just want an answer either way.

I am sure she will hear soon. I remember seeing the video she submitted. It was amazing! Keep us posted and best of luck to her.

I didn't know they could send in videos! Good luck to her! I don't have a girl but if I did have a talented girl I'd be happy because we live in the Houston area....having to travel far is tough.

i was wondering if you'd heard back.
that's super frustrating! i wonder why the hold up this time?

The developmental camp has more 'room' right now. DIC is WAY full rt now. It was already pretty full then with the 40 or so new invitees from TOPS last year......Invites for the June camp have already gone out from what I've heard. Your DD may be on the waiting list in case someone declines. That being said, that doesn't mean she won't be invited to the next one as I think the roster for the June camp was probably decided sometime in Jan/Feb. But all this is purely theoretical and makes many assumptions, fingers crossed it works out differently!!!

The developmental camp has more 'room' right now. DIC is WAY full rt now. It was already pretty full then with the 40 or so new invitees from TOPS last year......Invites for the June camp have already gone out from what I've heard. Your DD may be on the waiting list in case someone declines. That being said, that doesn't mean she won't be invited to the next one as I think the roster for the June camp was probably decided sometime in Jan/Feb. But all this is purely theoretical and makes many assumptions, fingers crossed it works out differently!!!
According to Kim, who our coach speaks to frequently, none of the invites have gone out for the June camp. She told our coach that Valeri wants to send out all the invites at once, not just sporadically. He spoke to Kim at check-in at nationals on Friday and she told him we should hopefully have an answer by next Tuesday. This is for the invite camp, the second week of June, not the developmental camp which is the week prior (but we would LOVE it if she got invited to developmental and skipped the invitational all together!!).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back