MAG Keeping mom on her toes

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
I try not to watch practice too much. I am at the gym, because of the drive, but I read a ton of books, or talk to the other parents. TOnight I got there and stopped to watch for a minute. I love how, the week before a meet, skills seem to disappear for a while! Giants are missing...handstands are iffy.............LOL! He knows he can do them...and was laughing about it later. His teammates are the same. Low flyaways, falling, etc. I think they just like to throw us off so they can show off in the meet!!

Yup. DS had a lovely front uprise. Now it is gone. It disappeared right before the meet. I think he singlehandedly gave his coach a migraine with that one.

Hopefully D's will come back BEFORE the meet! Even in warmups would be fine!

Well, I've had gymnast successfully complete skills they had never done before by themselves in competition (don't worry I would never let my gymnasts try a skill that would be dangerous if not succeeded. I'm talking about a pull-over on bars there...).

I, myself, did my first long hang pull-over in the warm-up of my very first competition... I'm sure stress can help a little in these situations, as long as it is used well.

all i could picture was you on your toes the entire time you did all you say you did. lol. :)

I'm right there with ya on my toes as well! Ds is whining a lot more this week as the coach tries to squeeze in every last bit of practice time before the 1st competition this weekend. One day they look amazing and the next they are falling and sloppy and getting lectures. Coach added on a couple of extra weekend practices for the last 2 weeks and add to that getting up early for school after the long winter break! All I can say is, "yes, I'm sure you must be tired" but I admit it's driving me a bit batty. I know after this weekend the stress will be relieved and we can get back into a better (more sane) routine.

I haven't been watching(I don't need to bc my son literally gives me a play by play of his entire four hour workout everyday, lol-he's quite the talker)...but I have noticed that the stress level of our coaches is going through the roof now that meet season is upon us (boys...first meet this Saturday, girls...first meet next Friday). Mostly, the kids are taking it in stride. It's so nice to be young...

I haven't been watching(I don't need to bc my son literally gives me a play by play of his entire four hour workout everyday, lol-he's quite the talker)......
Wow you are lucky my daughter never tells me anything! Typical conversation after practice: Me: " How was practice honey?" Her "Good". End of discussion.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back