WAG L6 bars deduction question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kayjaybe

Proud Parent
What are the deductions for the following?
  1. Missing the squat on? Gymnast does the opening part of the routine and goes right into the squat-on from the prior skill, gets feet on bar but falls off.
  2. Putting an extra cast in before the squat-on (like they have in L5), but makes the squat-on.

Just curious if there is a difference in deductions. My dd has done both in different meets.

A fall is .5. An extra cast/swing or a pause/not connecting is .3, I've been told.

This is what I have been told as well, .3. My DD missed that kip right into a squat on after the free hip at several meets (didn't fall, just did the extra cast before the squat on to get up there like in L5), once she started to do it the right way her scores BARELY improved, if at all. So yeah, it does seem like .3 sounds about right for missing it...it's certainly not anything huge where having it in there or not drastically affects the score.

I think L6 bars is all about those cast angles - based on what I'm seeing I think *those* deductions must be the HUGE ones. Girls w/ good casts can fall, flex their feet, bend their arms, etc. and still get better scores than girls w/ a really clean routines and low casts.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back