Let's create a gymnastics story...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

"Thanks Jake, that's really nice of you! I'm sorry I didn't get to know you better before I left, you seem like a great guy. Makes a change from some of the jerks at our school! I hope you have a good time there anyway!" She started to turn away before noticing the small card in the flowers that had a phone number written on it...

said "It would be nice if we could keep in touch while I am in Texas!" Jake said he thought that would be great too! Then.....

Jenny told Jake she had to continue packing then head to the gym for her final practice there. So she said goodbye and promised him she'd call him soon.

Her parents bought her a trampoline. To make extra money for gymnastics, she charged admission for the neighborhood kids to jump on it!

After her final practice she said goodbye to all the girls there and her coach she was very sad but she knew this was a great thing to do....

and once she thought that, she wasn't so sad anymore. Jenny knew she would make new friends at WOGA, and maybe even meet her idol, Nastia Liukin!

After a long drive they finally arrived, she walked into the gym and it wasn't like her old gym, girls working hard, crying, sweating like crazy, she didn't believe this would be her too, she new she would miss the fun but wanted to go to the Olympics and win!

"Hello and welcome to WOGA", a voice said from the office area. "You must be Jenny." She turned and saw none other than Valeri Liukin waving to them to come over. Jenny was so excited and scared at the same time, she could feel herself grinning from ear to ear. "Hi" she said in a small shy voice. "Let me show you and your parents around the gym and introduce you to some people", coach Liukin said...

"Okay!" Jenny replied. Jenny met a lot of nice girls who had no problem making room for her. Coach Liukin told her the schedule for the week which was a lot more then she had been doing at her old gym. He had Jenny start right away to see what she could do. When Jenny went through all her difficult skills perfectly he said....

"You show a lot of promise. You have 2 options after the upcoming level 7 season: you can train level 8 20 hours a week and go through the JO levels, maybe do a year or 2 of elite and then probably get a college scholarship, or you can come in 40 hours a week, compete in the Hopes elite group, and become an elite gymnast faster and maybe have a shot at the 2016 Olympics. The first track is more sure, and the second might come with a lot of heartache but could be more rewarding. Think about it." Jenny went home feeling happy but a little confused. She knew what she wanted but...

there was a HUGE difference between training 20 hours a week and 40 hours a week. Forty hours means pretty much training from 8:00am to 5:00pm 5 days a week, plus I need to fit in schooling...I guess I can say goodbye to any type of free time :(. Jenny was very torn between the two options. Later that night she sat with her parents to discuss what her coach said.

They discussed the pros and cons of both options, and tried to decide what was best for her and her future. Jenny knew she wanted to go to the Olympics, but didn't want to give up her childhood and risk injury.

After hours of discussing with her parents and her new coach. Jenny decided to follow her heart and chose going to try make the Olympics. it's what she really wanted and if she didn't make it she could always get a scholarship.

"I just moved here; it's not like I have any friends yet, and I guess it will just stay this way," Jenny thought. This made her a little sad but then she remembered Jake. She had forgotten to call him after she had promised to when he had given her flowers. She picked up the phone...

and dialed his number, there was no answer so she left a message and went to bed. The next day Jenny went to the gym with her parents and they told Coach Liukin that she wanted to train 40 hours a week to go for the Olympics. Coach Liukin said...

"Great news!! We are so happy to have you! We will start bright and early tomorrow. Be at the gym at 6:00am sharp!" Jenny smiled and said. "See you tomorrow, bright and early."

When Jenny got home she checked her messages. There was one message from Jake saying, "Hi Jenny--this is Jake. I hope you are settling in in Texas. I just wanted to tell you that my parents and I have to visit my aunt in Texas right outside WOGA and we will be there tomorrow. I was hoping we could meet up and see a movie and get a bite to eat. Well, just let me know and I hope you are having a great time. I miss you already."

Jenny was so thrilled!!!! She had secretly missed Jake but tried to put the thought of him on the back burner because of her training. Then, Jenny's heart sank. She just remembered that she had agreed to the rigorous 40 hour per week training at WOGA. "How am I EVER going to have time for Jake now?"...

so she called the gym and asked what times she will be training. She was told that she will be split training, and will be missing some classes at school, which she will catch up on during the summer, and on weekends. She is training from 6 until 9 and from 2:30 until 4:30 when Jake is their, so she will be able to go to a 7:00 movie with him...

she called him back and told him that she could go to a movie with him around 7:00 he said that would be great aand he was really excited to see her.
She went to bed early that night setting her alarm for 5:15 A.M. so she would have time to get ready she knew it was early and she would have to work hard but she was happy and confident...

that things would work out how she wanted. She woke up feeling refreshed and rolled over and glanced at the alarm clock. Oh My Gosh!!!!!!! It was 6:45am--she had overslept!!!! She jumped out of bed and quickly got dressed. She ran to her parents room to wake them and said to them...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back