Let's create a gymnastics story...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

"Hurry!! I am late for my 1st day!!!" "Her dad woke up first and quickly drove her to the gym. "She explained to Coach Liukin how she slept through her alarm and how sorry she was for being late. He looked upset but understanding and said...

Don't let it happen again, usually I wouldn't let you train, but since it's your first day I will let it go. But you will have to do extra conditioning before you join in with the group. Now go over to the bars and start with 30 chin ups, no stopping...

Jenny went to the bar and started she tried as hard as she could to do 30 in a row she would get to 20 and stop. Coach Liukin told her to start over every time she stopped! She knew it would be hard but she didn't think it would be this hard! When she finally did 30 chin-ups without stopping her arms were burning. She walked over to her Coach asking what to do next, He said, "You did enough chin-ups go get ready for vault.
When she was about to go grab her tiger paws Coach Liukin asked, "Are your parents picking you up today?" Jenny replied, "Yes, Coach. Why?" "I want to talk to you and your parents after practice," He answered. "Oh, okay." Jenny said.
Jenny couldn't help thinking he wanted her off of the team but she pushed that thought away and went to grab her tiger paws.

After practice when her parents picked her up, she told them her coach wanted to talk to them. They walked over, and he explained something to them.

"If your daughter wants to be on my team, she cannot stay out late at night. I'm not saying that she does, but girls training this hard cannot afford to go on dates, or party. They must sleep."

Her parents nodded, and reassured coach Liukin that this would never happen.

That night...

... after hearing the coach's message from her parents, Jenny was finally in bed ready for sleep. She was truly exhausted, yet couldn't help thinking about what coach Liukin had told her parents. Was she really not allowed to go on dates? It seemed a little harsh, but Jenny was positive she would do anything to become a champion, including reducing her social life to zero.

With that, Jenny felt calm enough to drift into sleep. Until she recieved a text message on her phone which startled her out of a particularly great dream in which she was having the meet of her life at the Olympic games. Blinking quickly, trying to get used to the dark, she grabbed her phone from beside her bed. The glowing screen showed the time - it was 1:10am!

"What the...?" Jenny said out loud. Who would be texting her at this time?!

She opened the new message, which read.....

"Hi Jenny! What happened? Thought we were meeting up tonight and seeing a movie around 7pm? Call me tomorrow - Jake". Oh no!!!! Jenny had forgotten all about the movies with Jake! She laid back down feeling torn and confused about so many things...

She woke up at just in time to get ready for gym with just enough time to text jake. "Hey jake I'm really sorry i completely forgot I feel horrible I really like you but my coach doesn't want me going out on date or anything! I just hope we can be realy close friends. So sorry. xoxoxo Jeenny." Her thumb hovered around the send button but finnaly hit it. She got a response right away. " I totally understand! -Jake." OK jenny thought everythings fine. She hit the gym and deicded. She was going to work harder then any other gymnast in the world! And coach Liukin deffinately saw her new work ethic!

During a 5 minute break, Jenny was feeling tired but very high spirited after working the hardest she ever had during a practice. If coach Liukin hadn't been impressed with her late arrival last practice, he was going to be very impressed with her today! While she was having a quick drink of water when another very friendly looking girl from the team came up beside her.

"Hi, you're Jenny, right? I'm Megan, and this is Taylor" she said, pointing first to herself and then to another girl who had walked up alongside her. Jenny had seen them practicing and they were both amazing, but also looked maybe a year or two older than herself. She hoped that by the time she was their age, she would be as awesome as them.

"Hi, yeah I'm Jenny. How long have you two been training here?"

"Both of us came here four years ago from other gyms. We know what it's like to be the new girl, so we wanted to make you feel welcome!" said Taylor, with a huge smile on her face.

Jenny grinned. "Thanks! It is kinda scary at first... but you girls all seem really nice, and you're all such good gymnasts!"

"Aww thank you Jenny, that's so sweet! There's something you should know about Hannah, though... I mean if she treats you badly..."
"Taylor, don't..." Megan interrupted. Taylor looked at Megan and pressed her lips together.

"What do I need to know about Hannah...?" Jenny asked, now feeling a little nervous.

Megan sighed and nodded at Taylor, then gave Jenny an apologetic look before looking over her shoulder to make sure they were alone.

Taylor started to speak. "Well...

Last edited:
"She can be really snotty because she is one of the best around here the only bad thing is she knows it and is a brat about it." "Oh, I see," Jenny answered back. "Yeah, but we're just warning you," Taylor said. Megan seemed mad about what Taylor said and quickly walked away, Taylor shrugged and said "Better go see what's wrong with her.
Jenny saw Hannah practicing a lot and she did seem really good and nice.Jenny also noticed that Hannah looked around the same age as her. Jenny didn't want to make any enemies so she walked over and decided to talk to Hannah. Hannah was on floor doing her turns so Jenny decided this would be a good time to talk to her.
"Hi, I'm Jenny I'm new here and I just wanted to meet everyone around here." Jenny said trying to start a conversation. "Oh, hi it's funny you are even talking to me I thought you thought I was mean or something because Taylor goes around and tells everyone I am mean." Hannah answered. "Yeah, she told me you were snotty because you were the best but you seem pretty nice to me." Jenny answered. "Thanks! I watch you practice and you seem like you have a lot of potential! Good Luck and keep at it!" Hannah answered. "Thanks!!" Jenny answered. "You're welcome! Well, I better get back to work. I will talk to you later and maybe we can exchange cell phone numbers!" Hannah said. "Sounds great!" Jenny said as she walked away.
Jenny griped up getting ready for bars, she didn't understand why Taylor talked so bad about Hannah. Maybe Taylor was just jelous, after all Hannah was awesome...

Jenny was so excited when she saw it, she started out by just doing handstands and cartwheels as well as a few back walkovers, but then she decided she would be able to do a backtuck after all she could do them flawlessly on a line at the gym. She climbed up swung her arms and started moving backwards when she freaked out and landed right on her neck! ....

She was freaking out, on the way down she had tried to stop herself, but her hand was bent backwards, and her wrist had made a big loud crack. She was laying on the ground, not moving, in pain. She new for sure that she broke her wrist, but her neck she didn't. The only thing passing through her head was how will I explain this to my coach, when he said NO PRACTICING AT HOME! She heard her mom rush down the stairs to see what was wrong...

Her mom gasped and said "What in the world did you do?!" Jenny started to explain "I---" "Nevermind come on you can explain in the car on your way to the hospital!" her mom said sounding worried and mad. As Jenny told her mom what had happened she started crying she knew her mom would be upset and Jenny started thinking maybe she should quit...

she started feeling regret about leaving her friends, teammates, old coach,school, and... jake back home. She strted to believe she had made the worst decsision of her life coming her, and all she wanted to do was go home to all those people she missed and maybe see Jake! But she kept tese things to herself knowing all the scarafices her parents had made to let her come and train at WOGA. . . .

The doctor said that her wrist was sprained, but their was nothing wrong with her neck. A couple minutes later Coach Liukin showed up. Your mom called and told me what happend. I have a feeling that were going to be conditioning for a while. You can do anything that doesnt involve your wrist and that doesn't hurt your wrist. Maybe you could do backtucks on the LOW BEAM with a COACH. Cosch liukin chuckled at least we know your brave. Here the girls and coaches wanted to give you this......

It was a get well card signed by everyone saying I hope your wrist feels better soon! Hannah had even put her number on the card saying text or call me whenever! Jenny was pretty upset that she wouldn't be able to do her skills she was scared that she would lose her skills so Jenny decided that she would condition really hard...

without complaining at all. When Jenny realized how much all these girls and coaches who were just starting to get to know her cared about her already, she stopped feeling sorry for herself. She thought about all the ups and downs in gymnastics, and took this as one of the downs, but tried to stay positive by thinking about how strong the would be when she came back. So at her next practice...

... Without any hesitation she started conditioning and working harder than she ever has before in her life. Nothing was going to stop her now!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back