Let's create a gymnastics story...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

(its alright i just thought i'd mention it :p other people might have taken it like that aswell so it doesn't really matter just thought it deserved a mention generally)

Jenny looked surprised and said "How in the world did you know that?!?." He answered....

Jenny was shocked. She couldn't believe it! She had thought Hannah was her friend, but no. She obviously wasn't. She stared at her coach, and he said angrily...

"Jenny, I am going to give you one more chance to redeam yourself. You are an extremely talented gymnast and we need you on this team. But I also have to think of the other gymnasts that do follow the rules. One more slip up and you are off the team. Do I make myself clear?"

Jenny said to her coach. I have been here for 6 months and never done anything except train and study. This is the only time I've ever gone out. I love gymnastics, but a reward for ahrd work isn't all bad. I have proven my ability to work hard and my trustworthiness. I promise I wont be out late or eat unhealthy food.her coach looked shocked... but said "You really are grown up". I suppose we should come to an arrangement which is fair rather than you sneaking around behind my back, but becuase you were sneaking behind my back this time, tonights definately out!!Jenny was devastated...

coach Luikin said, however I will give you 2 hours every second friday evening, after training to do what you would like, but remember keep it healthy, no junk food and you will have to be back at your house by 9:30. Training finishes at 7 as you know so you will have 30 minutes to eat, and get ready to go out, then your 2 hours will start. But if I see that this is affecting your training than I will not let it continue. How does that sound?

Coach Liukin thought about it for a little bit and said "I guess it will be alright but only one hour and I will tell your parents is that clear?" Jenny quickly replied "Okay! We are clear thank you so much!" "You're welcome but remember only one hour!" Coach answered. "Okay my parents are inside," Jenny said.
10 minutes later Jake showed up and Jenny's parents talked to him about staying out only one hour....

... he understood that this gymnastics thing was really serious and wasnt sure that he would be able to deal with this and not be able to wait this long and didnt know if liked jenny enough then he thougth about and came to the decison that...

he would tell her he didn't think it was good for them to hang out because her life seemed to only be about gymnastics. Jake was a little sad but knew it would be a good thing to do.

Later when they were walking home Jake said....

Jenny, I am very sorry but I don't think that we should be friends anymore. You just seem to be very serious about your gymnastics and I don't know if I can deal with that. I'm very sorry.

Jenny was a bit shocked. She didn't understand how Jake could be doing this to her. But then again, Coach Liukin did say that this new training schedule would be very demanding and time is limited. She turned to Jake and said, "I'm sorry too, Jake. I like you--I like you a lot, but we have these really strict rules at gym and now that I am on the National team, I can't blow this. I may not ever get another chance again to be on the national team. Can we at least keep in touch and write and call each other?" Jake smiled at her and said...

"i would love too" as he kissed her on the forehead. Jenny blushed and Jake left. Jenny broke down into tears with her mum, Coach Liukin and her Dad.

Jenny thought life was being unfair, she was being forced to choose over a normal happy social life with lots of friends, or basically living in the gym training 24/7.
However in her heart she knew gymnastics was her one and only passion, and she could never live without it. Her coach said to her....

"I think you made the right choice, but you have to want it you really have to want it to do well and go far in this sport." and walked away calmly, almost as he was about to shed a tear.

Later that evening Jenny felt so exhausted from the day's emotional events that she went to bed early. She curled up in bed and pulled the covers up under her chin. She fell asleep thinking about the days events and her feelings about gymnastics, Jake and her new life as a gymnast. That night she had the weirdest dream...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back