WAG Level 2 Daughter Just can't get her stride circle

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Competing these low levels is a waste of time, energy, and money (except for the clubs that rake in the money from families competing these levels).

Good Luck.

I have to disagree with you on that. This is my nine year olds first year to compete as a level one in our local gymnastics meets. We are having the best time of our lives! If she never goes any further I think this will be a year she will remember.

I also agree with Cicid....my DD competes L2, and its a great way to get the kids ready for major competitions. Helps them learn at this young age that not everyone wins, and prepares them for what this sport brings to the table.

What help my dd is the coach spotting her. Spot, spot and more spot it took her about 2-3 months to learn it. It works on her. Coach told her to take a step forward with a big split and squeeze.

"Competing these low levels is a waste of time, energy, and money (except for the clubs that rake in the money from families competing these levels)".

aww.. my dd is lv2 and first year competing. She will be moved up to lv3 after state. She learned not just how to tumble but also, time management, responsibility and developed friendship. Nothing is a waste of anything if you make the best out of it. ;)

So my daughter has a nasty habit of 'sitting' on the bar before she 'falls forward' for her stride circle, making it practically impossible for her to get her stride circle. She knows that she shouldn't sit on the bar, but I think that fear has created a bad habit that she is now unable (at least to this point) to break. Any thoughts or techniques that we could try to help her? We have discussed with the coaches, and they are stumped on how to proceed. We have switched to the basket swing, and she is getting about about 3/4 of the way up and just 'muscles' it the rest of the way, but all the rest of the girls are doing stride circles on the team, and I think that she is getting self conscious about it. Any thoughts or tips would be much appreciated!!

who cares? it's a dead end skill. don't worry about it. no correlation between this skill and making the Olympic team. honest. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back