Level 3 AUS requirements?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnastjess

Hi, I was wondering if any of you fellow aussies could please tell me the requirements for the state level 3 floor routine for this year? I just got moved onto level 3 SQUAD and I would like to know the requirements so I can work on them during the holidays at gym before I start back at the start of term 4 :) thanks

is this lvl 3 prep or national

Level 3 prep i know most of but not all

Beam:
Straight Jump Tuck Jump
Half handstand
Leap lead ups
half turn (peggy turn)
Straight jump dismount
There might be something else but i am not sure

Floor
Splits
Cartwheel
Backwards roll to push up position
Round off
Split jump
Split leap (I think its just one but it may be two)
Stalder roll
Might have missed something

Bars
2 or 3 X glide swings in a row
pullover
back hip circle
toeshoot
There may be a high bar swinging section but i don't think so

Vault
Handspring flat back no vault about 3-4 crashmats high

I may have missed something but thats the main idea

is this lvl 3 prep or national

Level 3 prep i know most of but not all

Beam:
Straight Jump Tuck Jump
Half handstand
Leap lead ups
half turn (peggy turn)
Straight jump dismount
There might be something else but i am not sure

Floor
Splits
Cartwheel
Backwards roll to push up position
Round off
Split jump
Split leap (I think its just one but it may be two)
Stalder roll
Might have missed something

Bars
2 or 3 X glide swings in a row
pullover
back hip circle
toeshoot
There may be a high bar swinging section but i don't think so

Vault
Handspring flat back no vault about 3-4 crashmats high

I may have missed something but thats the main idea
Haha thanks, I really only needed to know floor, It was prep lol i wrote state level 3 at the top haha :) thanks so much :)

Oh and I forgot to say the other events have changed a bit beam is: jump to front support swing to kneeling scale mount, 3/4 handstand, leap lead up, half turn straight into releve', 2 back kicks, 1/4 pivot turn to straight jump dismount.
Vault is a handspring onto 2 mats (you can have more if you want)
Bars is glide swing, pullover, cast to back hipcircle, undershoot and 3 beat swings on the high bar but yeh haha but thanks :)

i didn't count the pose stuff coz thats easy i just counted the skills and i am pretty sure vault isn't a handspring

Handspring Flatback on 60, 70 or 90 cm mats
(hands on crashmat)
BARS
1 From box or floor Glide swing, return to floor
2 Pullover to front support
3 Cast to horizontal (min. toes bar height)
4 Backward hip circle
5 Underswing or Toeshoot dismount
BEAM
Jump to Front Support, swing leg over beam to sit, lift to Clear Straddle
Sit for 3 sec, sit on beam then swing legs to squat and stand
2 2 x Straight Jumps series
3 2 x High forward kicks right and left (min Horizontal)
4 Split Jump 135º (min 90˚)
5 ½ Turn on one leg in Passé hold forward passé position for 3 sec
2 x Leap lead up drills: Hop off 1 leg to land on same leg in plie,
followed by leap over. Repeat on other leg.
7 ½ turn on 2 feet
8 ¾ (L) Handstand Handstand
9 2 x Backward Kicks (min 45˚ below horizontal)
10 3-4 steps, hurdle, punch jump dismount from 2 feet
FLOOR
1 Starting Pose and dance as per video
Kneel on one knee and slide to Splits, Join legs to L sit, Lift legs to V sit,
Tuck one knee under and stand
(hands may be on floor for
slide and V Sit)
3 High forward kick (Horizontal) – Handstand Forward Roll
High kick to Handstand
Pop Fwd roll
4 2 x Springs to Straight Jump, Split Jump 135˚ (min 120˚) series, pose
5 ½ Turn on one foot, ½ turn on two feet in relevé
6 Jump 1/2 turn
7 Split Leap to 135˚ from 3 steps or under or one chassé (min 120˚)
8 Cartwheel Step in
9 Backward Roll to front support, turn to sit
10 Push to Bridge and return to lie on back
Push to Bridge,
Kickover to stand
11 Optional pose to finish

I think you might have put national code because this isn't what the level 3 preps do at our gym Sally are you in NSW?

Ah ok, In nsw we have a program called state stream that is a less competitive more relaxed competition and the code is slightly different

oh ok. I think they use to have that here in qld but I think they changed it to all the same, however you can do bonus skills in it

State stream is very similar to national its just a bit easier (our coach who came from qld had never heard of it before either) for example

Level 5 state

Beam: a mount, full turn, split leap or split jump connected with a straight jump, cartwheel (backwalkover is bonus), handstand 2secs straight jump (bwo straight jump is bonus), front tuck dismount/cartwheel straight jump dismount (there are bonus's but im not sure what)

Floor: 2 connected flight elements (3 connected flight elements is bonus) jump full turn, backward roll to front support (to handstand is bonus) 2 different leaps one with forward backward split (B leap is bonus) 3rd different flight element (A salto is bonus) full turn (B turn is bonus)

Bars: Kip cast to horizontal (above horiz. is bonus) back hip circle, jump to high bar, swing pullover (long kip is bonus) toe shoot or underswing dismount

Vault: handspring

Level 5 national

Differences:

Beam: bwo is not bonus, you do a split leap and a split jump + straight jump

Floor: handspring cartwheel cartwheel, 2 forward elements is bonus instead, back roll to handstand is required

Bars: Not too sure

Vault is the same

QLD is totally different to the other states.

For level 1-3 in all other states of Australia there are two streams the prep stream and the regular stream. Competitions usually offer both and gyms compete kids who do lower hours or don;t nesesaril;y have the talent for gymnastics in the prep stream and the higher hour or higher talent kids in the regulr stream. Other clubs have the do both prep stream 1st then the other.

QLD has is own set of level 1-3 competition requirements, with only one set of rules which all gymnasts compete and comps are divided by hours instead usually.
ie level 1 novice is 2 hours or less a week, and level 1 open more than 2 hours. Level 2 novice is 4 hours or less and level 2 open is more than 4 hours and level 3 novice is 6 hours or less while level 3 open is more than 6 hours a week. But all gymnasts compete the exact same rules.

Then from level 4 all the states have the same requirements, although QLD have only done that this year, before that they had their own requirements for 4-6 as well.

Cant help you as I have a hard enough time knowing whats going on here...lol. But just wanted to say a big Congrats to you Jess for making L3

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back