WAG Level 4 beam question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

wheezy

Proud Parent
Does anyone know if after the handstand in the beam routine, and then the leg swiftly kicks up and back; does the kicking foot then join the other in releve without any steps, or can the gymnast take a small step in releve before the half turn? One coach says it's fine to take a small step in releve to joint to feet, another says that right after the swoopy kick, the foot must be placed right behind the other in releve, then snap to half turn. Any deductions?

Ok take this for what it's worth..... My 8 year old (level 4 tx state beam champ) says no, she cannot take a step. She also says it would be a 3/10 deductions for 'rearrangement of routine.' I have absolutely no clue, but she is certain!!! Lol!

I don't understand why you would take a step. The foot is supposed to close behind.

It's not a major element though so it would be a text error. Text errors are taken across the entire routine and a small step would most likely be minor. They could also take a rhythm deduction or a balance check if the reason for the step is lack of body control.

Step was removed. DD was adding a little step in there but the coach removed it. There was some debate about the text saying step to releve, but it's not worth the risk of deduction so it was just fixed. I have never seen a quality routine with this extra step so I am relieved now.
Thanks everyone!!!

Ok take this for what it's worth..... My 8 year old (level 4 tx state beam champ) says no, she cannot take a step. She also says it would be a 3/10 deductions for 'rearrangement of routine.' I have absolutely no clue, but she is certain!!! Lol!
Btw, I would love to see her beam routine!!!

Step was removed. DD was adding a little step in there but the coach removed it. There was some debate about the text saying step to releve, but it's not worth the risk of deduction so it was just fixed. I have never seen a quality routine with this extra step so I am relieved now.
Thanks everyone!!!

It doesn't say step to releve. It says "immediately close the right foot behind the left in releve lock stand." :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back