WAG level 4 beam score?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

She was quite happy with her improvements, regardless of score, except there is that issue if qualifying to states. She is close but keeps missing. So frustrating.

That was DD last season. Asked me "what if I don't?" I said then we'll go to Disneyland baby. And you'll try again next year.

That was DD last season. Asked me "what if I don't?" I said then we'll go to Disneyland baby. And you'll try again next year.

You don't have to have competed at the state meet to move up, so even if she missed qualifying, she could suddenly come into her own over the spring and summer training, and be ready for the next level. Mobility score is only 31.00. Unless the gym has a strict rule that they must go to the state meet in order to move up, though.

You don't have to have competed at the state meet to move up, so even if she missed qualifying, she could suddenly come into her own over the spring and summer training, and be ready for the next level. Mobility score is only 31.00. Unless the gym has a strict rule that they must go to the state meet in order to move up, though.

I'm aware of that. It had nothing to do with her not moving up to 5. Just about making state or not, regardless of level. It was fairly well determined she would repeat, however, due to confidence issues. Instead she switched to T&T so it became a non issue.

Many deductions are "up to" deductions. So the 1st routine where she fell the judges may not have taken the full deductions on all the other little errors but then on the 2nd routine even without a fall they could have taken full deductions which can really add up. Does that make sense?

Thanks all, she got an 8.5. The reason this seemed low is that she did a worse routine, leap, split jump and handstand were far worse and she fell in the cartwheel. That routine was an 8.3. So comparing the two routines it seemed this one should have been much higher.
Don't you just hate that? It's so hard to understand (especially for the kids) when they know a routine was soooo much better than prior routines. Little Bit had one bar routine (L3) last season that we just knew was AMAZING. Kip was on point, cast was amazing (almost to handstand with good form) and mill circle was her best all season. She ended up only scoring .2 higher than a meet where she fell out of her mill circle. :confused:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back