WAG Level 5

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm finding this year that the scoring in general is lower for all comp. levels. We were at a really big meet last weekend and one of our girls won vault with an 8.5! (level 4) Our girls scores for both level 4 and 5 are lower than last year (from the girls at these levels) but we are placing better. So it seems that the judges are being tougher this year for everyone.

I'm finding this year that the scoring in general is lower for all comp. levels. We were at a really big meet last weekend and one of our girls won vault with an 8.5! (level 4) Our girls scores for both level 4 and 5 are lower than last year (from the girls at these levels) but we are placing better. So it seems that the judges are being tougher this year for everyone.
I'm finding the same thing. Our team scores are 1-2 points lower but we're higher in the placements. So either everyone else got worse or the scores are lower!

DD seems to be scoring a little higher on floor, vaults and beam than last year, but I think she is doing better gymnastics :). Since she has not completed a meet without flyaway issues, I really don't know where she would land in AA scores. Her last meet was the smallest I was ever at...awards only went out 2 places!

Level 5's and 6's were in the same session at dd's last meet. Either the 5's are just not as good of gymnasts or the 6's are scored way easier especially on floor. Out of 25 level 5's, there were only 3 very low 9's on floor. Out of 28 level 6's, there were twenty-two 9's on floor which were high 9's. Same judges, same session.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back