Parents Level 7 Bars

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

vagymmomma

Proud Parent
I'm so excited for DD because she got her layout flyaway out of her giants today. She had a little bit of fear on this skill because of the speed coming out of the giants (and fear is not something she's really felt before so it was a new experience for both of us). Day one - she asked for a spot and landed one (she started out wanting to do a tuck flyaway, but scared herself and her coach because she was doing a double without trying). Day two - no spot - landed 2, over rotated 2 (landing on back). Day three - she stuck the landing for everyone she did! She's had amazing improvement this summer - I'm so proud that she's working so hard and so excited to be learning new things.

Awesome. My daughter too is a new level 7 and struggling with the same things. In her gym, they have to do giant -giant - flyaway and she was also over rotating. Yesterday she told me that she did her whole bar routine connected (included that dreaded squat on - which is the bane of my existence LOL) and stuck her series on the high beam without a spot and was grinning from ear to ear! I love good practice days!

(included that dreaded squat on - which is the bane of my existence LOL)

That stupid squat on -- it was definitely a sore spot last season, but I think DD has FINALLY figured it out. She's now working on her free-hip on the high bar (she does it pretty well on the low bar, but her coach says it tends to score higher on the high bar).

I love good practice days as well!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back