Level 7 or level 8

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

Gymnastic

Hi everyone the coaches decide which level to put you in in a week. I was wondering what you think I should be in
Vault: yuchenko full with a spot on 4, good front handspring on 7

Bars: giants, layout flyaway, cast handstand, free hip to handstand, free hip to giant

Beam: handspring handspring connection, handspring layout step out on low beam, round off full dismount

Floor: round off handspring layout, front front, half on tt with a spot in to the pit

I think I'm good enough for level 9. What do you think?

vault: is it a yurchenko tuck full? is it onto competiting ground or into the pit?
bars: level 7
Beam: do you have a switch leap and a 180 jump serires?
floor: level 7

the skill set doesn't sound consistent...you say a Yurchenko full (which is a L10 vault) but the other three events are basically 7 or maybe 8..I would start at level 7 and see how you score and go from there. Of course, I'm assuming there is a coach guiding this process...

Kind of an odd level variety on the events.
level 9-10 vault
solid level 7 bars missing a bar change for 8.
Level 8-9 ish beam
If the TT into the pit is needed for the tumbling, I'd go with level 5 on floor. If all of the skills can be done on the floor, I'd go with level 7

To compete level 8 at my gym, you would need a handstand pirouette or shootover (bail) or straddle back on bars. Coaches would also want you to have a back full on floor and probably a front layout. You don't say anything about dance skills, either, but you'd need to have good switch leaps on beam and floor and be able to connect them to something else - and probably a double turn on floor.

At DD's gym, to compete Level 8, gymnasts are required to have pirouette on bars and tsuk or yurchenko. No handspring vaults. No spotting on any required skill.

I'm assuming your training all of this with coaches helping you. You do have some high level skills like vault, but bars and floor would be more in line with L7. Since you said you still need a spot for the yurchenko, probably best to compete L7.

Please, in consideration of the blood pressure readings of all the spectator-parents out there, do not compete L9 bars until you have really solid, strong, clean giants and a perfect (not just sorta kinda OK) cast handstand.

my dance is pretty good.... on floor i do a double turn, switch ring to a sheep jump, straddle full wolf full jumps
on beam i do switch leap tuck 3/4, straddle jump straight 3/4.

i also can do a back straddle on bars if this helps
i competed level 7 last year and got 3 aa at nationals but my coach might make me go for 1st but i dont want to

My dance is really good like switch ring on floor and switch tuck 3/4 on beam. Straddle full wolf full and straddle straight 3/4 on beam. That's all stuff I can do by myself. With a spot I can do back straddle and pirouette on bars. Handspring layout step out on beam. Half and front front layout.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back