Level 8 bar requirement

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

L

Ls mom

My daughter is 11 yr old level 8. She has very inconsistant perioette. What skill could she put in it's place and still have 10 SV? has nice clear hip and giants with layout full fly away.

My daughter is 11 yr old level 8. She has very inconsistant perioette. What skill could she put in it's place and still have 10 SV? has nice clear hip and giants with layout full fly away.

Straddleback or shootover(aka bail). I believe a clear hip with 1/2 twist also meets the requirement.

Most likely the coaches will continue working with her on her pirouette until she can execute a cast handstand and 1/2 turn consistently. What do her coaches think about substituting an element? At only 11 years old and L8 she has the potential to do L9 and 10 so there is no way out of these turning skills...eventually she will need to do routines that have turning skills and releases. Unless she already has a straddle back or shootover, which the coaches may very well be teaching to handstand (meaning they couldn't be competed at L8, and will take some time to perfect) it is unlikely she will have a competition ready routine with these elements.

The good news is bar work is a process and many kids are inconsistent on their cast handstand pirouette when they first start doing this skill. it takes timing and control. This timing and control will be developed the more she practices it.

that^^^ and she is to young to 'scrap' a skill. like a restaurant..."no substitutions"...lol

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back