Parents Level 8 competition

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gympops

Proud Parent
Hi there....I heard recently that there was a recent switch to include Level 8 in a National competition beyond the Regional Meets? I thought L8 went to Regionals and that was it but have heard that changed this year? Is there any truth to this? I thought maybe it was since the Level switches were incorporated. Thanks!

Not that I am aware of but I am sure a coach will be around to clarify. I did a search and came up with this

http://usagym.org/pages/post.html?PostID=10185&prog=h

It was from 2012 and i am not sure whether they did one thus year. But regardless, it was not a nationals like L9 or 10, where you have to qualify as a top gymnast. it looks like it was just like any other big competition, where you would come across gymnasts from all over the country.

ps.. just realized that this may be in the men's section. if it is, disregard. on the app, you can't see what section the questions are posted in.

Level 8s did have a national invite a few seasons back, I think it was top 12 from each region were invited to Florida to compete in a National challenge (or something like that). Anyways, most of us opted out, because it was in June if I remember correctly, (which is off season/basics time for most of us).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back