WAG Level 9 beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

stillhoping

Proud Parent
Would you please tell me if a beam routine with these elements meets the level 9 requirements and is up to level? What would the start value be? I apologize in advance for the glaring parental ignorance. The skills aren't in order, and I may be missing some.

Press HS Mount, front or side aerial, BHS+BHS, switch leap+BT+split jump, full turn, wolf jump+beat jump, RO+LO full dismount.

Thanks

Ohh, fun with routine composition! Good practice as I gear up for optional season!

Press HS Mount (B)
Front or side aerial (D)
BHS+BHS (B+B)
switch leap+BT+split jump (C + C + B, 0.3 bonus if all connected)
full turn (A)
wolf jump+beat jump (A + A)
RO+LO full dismount. (B + B)

Value part requirement:
3 A, 4 B, 1 C (harder skills can replace easier skills) = good here!

Special requirements:
Acro Series- 2 flight elements = good here
Leap or jump w/ 180° cross or side split = good here assuming the switch leap is done well
360° Turn on one foot = good here
Aerial/Salto Dmt Min. of B = good here!

9.7 for filling all requirements + 0.3 in bonus = 10 SV!
She might get a small composition deduction for "distribution of elements" depending on how her routine is arranged. I'd also take an 0.05 in "up to level of acro elements." The top routines will have a "C" element in the acro series (like BHS + lay out step out).

This is a good level 9 routine. Great that she has the aerial since missing the back layout in her series. Will start from 10.0. Technically the BHS BHS would not be up to level, but there is quite a bit of difficulty in the rest of the routine so I would imaging that would be a very small deduction.

I was under the impression that the BHS BHS is not up to level for L9. Does anyone else have insight on this?
Correct, part of the expectation for no deduction in "up to level" is that the acro series will contain at least one "C" element. Obviously, the OP's daughters routine is quite strong otherwise with the front/side aerial, a back tuck, and a solid B + B dismount series, so I'd expect it to only be an 0.05 deduction.

Correct, part of the expectation for no deduction in "up to level" is that the acro series will contain at least one "C" element. Obviously, the OP's daughters routine is quite strong otherwise with the front/side aerial, a back tuck, and a solid B + B dismount series, so I'd expect it to only be an 0.05 deduction.

Good to know! My DD has the same acro elements, and I was concerned about the deduction!

Curious, so in the US what would Constitute the up to level deduction in Level 10 Beam?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back