Level 9 Forward Flight Series on Beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi!

I am a level 8 gymnast training level 9, and I need some help with FORWARD flight series:) I am afraid to back tumble so forward tumbling is what I do best. I was thinking side aerial, side aerial but I don't know if you can do this in 9. Also, what about front tucks? I am working on them and could possibly have it in my beam routine. Please help with other requirements/skills I need!! I would like to start with a 10 so Bonus' will help too...:)

You can't do side aerial side aerial in L9 because of the limit on Ds, but I've seen: side aerial RO, dive cartwheel RO (as much as I joke about dive cartwheels, they are HARD to do well!!), FHS RO, FHS FHS, front aerial FHS, front aerial RO, and RO dive roll.

how about fhs step out side aerial that would be sooo cool!!! :) i dont think you are allowed to do a punch front in level 9 though! :(

Could you work on back tumbling on the low beam? I know you said you don't do it but if you could overscome this fear , you would have so many more options. My daughter has been Level 10 for many years and does a number of high level skills but she still says the scariest thing for her is back handspring back handspring on the beam!!! She's rather do back layout layout because she feels "better" if she doesn't have to put her hands down on the beam (go figure). She also does a side aerial back tuck combo which looks nice (so you'd only be going back once) . Good luck!

As an aside, the gym had a gymnast last year who also would not back tumble but she worked on it all year (got kind of low scores during the process) but did eventually manage to back tumble successfully and got a 9.2 on beam at our last meet!

Bookwarm suggested that you work on more back tumbling on the low beam. While you can do a forward tumbling series (and gymkat gave some great examples!) you need to show forward/sideways and backwards skills on beam.

I have had gymnasts who were TERRIFIED of back handsprings, but able to do standing tucks or pikes on beam. One of the level 9s at out gym did front handspring, back tuck as her series. Something to consider.

Thank you sooo much!! I think I'm going to try the side aerial, RO because I have been doing CW RO for the past few years so the RO should be quite simple... Thanks again!! :)

We have a level 9 in our gym who doesn't back tumble at all!!! She does a front walkover, RO on beam. I do agree that you should try back handspring on the floor line and then go to the low beam and stack up panel mats if necessary. Do it over and over as long as it takes to get comfortable. Believe you can do it is the first step!

Are side somi's allowed in 9?
FWO to FHS would be really cool. One handed FWO's..

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back