Lvl 6 District Championship Surprise

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

Gymdaddio

Proud Parent
Early morning meets never go well when the girls are used to working out late evenings. Started on beam with a fall on full turn for a low 9. Vault, which is her best practice event, is always less than she expects. I think the adrenaline is tough to control and she scored an 8.9. Floor, her best event, had some extra small deductions for a 9.3+, but barely lower than last meet. So she was basically well below her AA from the last meet with her toughest event coming up. I couldn't imagine that she was going to be happy on the ride home.

She had said her coach had commented that her low beam routine was a lot better this week. I think her first three meets were around 6.4, 8.1, and 8.4. So you can imagine how happily shocked we were to see her raise it a whole point to 9.4 to place 2nd in Junior A. And to increase here AA. We celebrated with hamburgers. Don't tell her coach.:D

Great results and lovely improvements.

As to the hamburger, we have gone for ice after our meets with the head coach more than once, they are kids after all. Plus I love ice cream.

A very good meet for sure. Yup, we've gone on many a post meet lunch/dinner with coaches and the eat burgers, fries and ice cream too!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back