Make it or break it's "National committee"

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

dancesterx3

What do you guys think of the National committee? Do you think their rules are too strict? I think it went too far when Ellen Beals told the girls they couldn't go sight-seeing. I know for a fact that the real US National team got to go sight seeing when they traveled, I saw the pictures. :) I understand the no dating rule and that of course there needs to be consequences for rule breaking, but I feel like Ellen Beals has a hidden agenda to ruin the Rock girls' olympic dreams in hopes of crushing Sasha, which I think is stupid. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone hear has dealt with the national committee in real life, how strict are they, is this a realistic representation of them? Or is this a elaborate painting of what the writers think the national committee would really do given these situations in real life.

I am not familiar with the National Committee in real life, but I think they made the MIOBI's National Committee very strict with the no sight-seeing rule so that they would have a storyline to work with (Emily/Damon and Lauren "alternate").

All I can say is that I do not trust Ellen Beals and I can't stand Lauren!!!! She is the epitomy of the "mean girl". It does make for an interesting and drama filled teen show though!!!

I certainly hope that the USA's national committee is not like it is on MIOBI. The show is giving part of gymnastics a bad rep. I love watching part of it, but the stupid drama (aka Lauren) is making it hard to watch some of the time.

I actually love to see Lauren because my sister's kinda like her, so I know someday life will handle her.

About Ellen Biels, I have a feeling that she and Sasha had some romantic relationship and maybe they had to break up because of gymnastics...:confused:

Henrik, I never thought of the Romantic card... Interesting twist!

Ellen most definitely has her "own agenda".

That Lauren sure is the spoiled rotten kid on the show isn't she??

I was wondering the same thing! I sure hope the National Committee in real life is not anything life the one on MIOBI.

I cannot stand Lauren either, she just gets on my last nerve. And there is something about Ellen Beals...I never liked her in the first place, and I still don't. I was so upset when they said Payson didn't make the National Team..and I think Ellen had something to do with it.

The national committee would need to put far more restrictions on the touring rules for gymnasts, than another sports committee would need because gymnasts are so young. They are teenagers when they go to the olympics and teenagers often make poor choices when it comes to how to look after themselves when they are excited.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back