WAG Making up for lost time!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Well, I have told my DD multiple times that the State meet " is just another meet". So, certainly as a mom, I would have no problem with skipping it to train bigger skills for an invite camp.

I personally think the coaches, and girls, place too much importance on that one meet. Also, if your DD is interested in, and has the "mental chops" to go the Elite path, she will likely be doing much fewer competitions.

I hope I get to see her at P&G champs soon ! I am an AVID fan of the juniors!

She has a lot of personality and showmanship on floor - reminds me of Laurie Hernandez.

So, Gym0m, the Haters are gonna hate, but Shake it off. Your little girl clearly loves what she does, and that is what is important!

My question regarding state is because Regionals is really exciting for these kids. My question was not to bash or had any underhanded connotations. My DD is a level 8 and is over the moon to have qualified for regionals. There are some experiences that many kids really look forward to. This obviously isn't the case for all. Also, I really haven't seen any hate on this thread. Questions, yes, but hate? Nah

Newtogym,

I wasn't pointing fingers at anyone. My DD is Level 7. She herself puts a LOT of importance on her State meet. Placement at that meet is more important to her than at any other meet. And when she moves up to Level 8? Well, qualifying to Regionals is going to be the Ultimate goal for her.

I have to try to decrease her stress every year by reminding her that the Girls she is competing against at the State meet she has competed against all year in regular meets.

I also wasn't really accusing anyone of being hateful... I was trying to be funny. ( we listen to a lot of Taylor Swift!)

Your daughter is adorable and very talented. My daughter is 9 years old and a level 3 training 4 so it's amazing to watch your daughter doing these difficult skills. Good luck to your daughter with her journey.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back