Parents Meet Results

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

LoriLou

Proud Parent
This one is huge, ya'll!!! This was a really large invitational, the biggest meet we've been to so far. The L2's were competing against girls from all over the country. There was even a HUGE team of about 20 girls that traveled from Mexico. It was an impressive display of organization for sure. This meet ran like a well oiled machine! I think DD was a little intimidated by the shear size of the meet and the amount of girls she was competing with, but she did FANTASTIC!!!

Vault - 9.450 gold
Bars - 9.500 gold
Beam - 9.875 gold
Floor - 9.600 gold

AA - 38.425!!!!! 1st in her age group.

DH checked the scores after, and she not only won her age group...she had the highest AA out of all 62 L2 gymnasts. It was SO good to see her do so well. She has had some ups and downs with meets lately, and it was great to see her get a confidence boost!

Great scores- congrats to her.

Not to be rude, but with scores like that why isn't she competing at a higher level, is it because of age? She certainly sounds like she has L2 down pat... I am not even sure what L2 looks like but my DD did compete L3 and I know it's not terribly complex, I'd bet she could do L3 easily.

Not to be rude, but with scores like that why isn't she competing at a higher level, is it because of age? She certainly sounds like she has L2 down pat... I am not even sure what L2 looks like but my DD did compete L3 and I know it's not terribly complex, I'd bet she could do L3 easily.
She is 7 years old. She's not the oldest in her level at her gym, but not the youngest either. The age range is from 5 - 8. She hasn't been THAT consistent with all her meets. This was a REALLY good day for her. This is her first year competing. Her coach mentioned last week that she is likely going to move her up and have her skip a level. Next year she will likely be an L3 (current L4 after the USAG level changes). That is the plan for her and one other girl on her team (she took 2nd yesterday). From what I can understand, the majority of the girls on her team will remain L2's next year since the skills required are going to be the current L3 skills.

You almost answered your own question when you said the level above isn't terribly complex. It's possible that level 2 still offered a challenge, oh let's say when plans were made for her L2 season, and the kid just solved problems left and right in the lead up to the first meet.

So waddah you do?..... you can't tell a 7yo just before the first meet, who's prepared for L2, that they'll be switching to L3 for the rest of the season could you. Well I suppose there are coaches and parents who would, and I know there are kids who would be ok with that, but that's not a fair expectation for every child.

Sometimes.....that's just the way the chalk block crumbles.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back