MAG meet success

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

momto2js

Proud Parent
I had predicted that my son would score last at yesterday's meet, and I was right in 5 events. However, my just turned 6 year old managed to keep track of his jacket, shoes, socks and pants for 3.5 hours. He remembered all but one routine and managed to keep it together until the awards ceramony ended at 10:30pm (long after the parents began to loose it :). He was also completly disappointed on the way to the car when I told him there was no Saturday AM practice this week.

I know that most people are focused on scores, perfecting routines, and moving up levels, but for us, our first meet was a huge success.

A long meet is a tough thing for a 6 year old, regardless of placements! Congrats on his having a fun meet!

That is awesome! The little things are what to look at. I am not even sure my ds knows what his scores were! LOL! But he knows he had fun seeing his friends, and hanging out for the day.

FUN is the important part!

Congrats and enjoy the ride!

He wins! My 7 yo did not come home with everything a single meet last year! Socks, sweats, T shirts, medals... You name it he lost it. And I had to label every pocket in his bag! Great job.

Sounds like he had a great time! And all that "other stuff" isn't to be underestimated -- one of our little guys last year missed his turn on vault because he felt uncomfortable changing out of his pommel pants into his shorts in front of all those people and insisted on going to the bathroom to change. And remembering what to do on six events is pretty challenging for a typical six year old! (Says the person who was at a girls' L7 meet yesterday at which several much older girls forgot parts of their brand new floor routines.)

There is nothing on the entire planet cuter than little bitty level 4 boys in their first comp season. Nothing.

Agreed, nothing cuter!

Sounds like he had a great time! And all that "other stuff" isn't to be underestimated -- one of our little guys last year missed his turn on vault because he felt uncomfortable changing out of his pommel pants into his shorts in front of all those people and insisted on going to the bathroom to change. And remembering what to do on six events is pretty challenging for a typical six year old! (Says the person who was at a girls' L7 meet yesterday at which several much older girls forgot parts of their brand new floor routines.)

There is nothing on the entire planet cuter than little bitty level 4 boys in their first comp season. Nothing.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back