WAG Meet tips

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

Deleted member 17723

Hey everyone!

This weekend will be my first meet of the 2015-2016 season. I'm so nervous! My meet is Saturday. Today was my last practice before the meet.... I had an excellent beam workout, an okay bar/floor/vault workout. I feel like I'm going to fall this weekend! Bad practices always make for a good meet for me... I wonder if it goes the other way too.

Does anyone have any pre-meet rituals? I'm really nervous. I feel obligated to do well and I'm afraid that I am going to let my coaches/parents/teammates down.

Hey everyone!

This weekend will be my first meet of the 2015-2016 season. I'm so nervous! My meet is Saturday. Today was my last practice before the meet.... I had an excellent beam workout, an okay bar/floor/vault workout. I feel like I'm going to fall this weekend! Bad practices always make for a good meet for me... I wonder if it goes the other way too.

Does anyone have any pre-meet rituals? I'm really nervous. I feel obligated to do well and I'm afraid that I am going to let my coaches/parents/teammates down.
I have some strange pre meet rituals....
1. I alway have to listen to Kesha, when I was in 6th grade I broke my ankle and my brother bought me a Kesha cd so now I always listen to it before hand.

2. Eps one salt bath, it makes my body feel good

3. My hair has to be up in rollers the night before

4. I have 2 "good luck" charms
First one is a stuffed bear named mcdreamy and the other is a wooden snake named little squeezer

I think just having time to yourself is important, visualize your routines. Good practice makes for good meets. No matter what.

Try to have fun and not think or worry about letting anyone down. All anyone can ask for is for you to do your best. That's all you can do. Think positive. Believe in yourself and picture yourself doing your routines flawlessly without any falls. Good luck.

Yes, visualize your routines right before you go to sleep. Picture the routines happening with perfect form, and lots of artistry and expression. It goes a long way in preparing you mentally, and it helps with confidence, too.

You'll have a great time. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back