MAG Meet Weekend

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
Well, we are off in the morning. D is riding a charter bus with his team (19 boys) to the meet (9 or so hours away) and my oldest and I are flying there. D is so excited. He gets to ride the team bus, sleep with his level 6 teammates, and do all kinds of fun stuff. I htink the gymnastics part of this weekend is a small perk ;)

Good luck to all the boys this weekend!

Have fun at your meet! I know that must be a lot of work!!!

Boys all made it down here and look like they are having a blast!!! Nothing like watching 20 boys get off a bus...all dressed the same, well-behaved, and happy ;) I loved it! We, the parents, were able to sit and have a glass of wine with several coaches and judges last night. And now, the boys are off somewhere with the team, hopefully gettign ready for the actual reason we all came down here....THE MEET :)

The boys are having a great time. I am sure they are all exhausted but they have a 9 hour bus ride tomorrow to recover. The meet went great, with ALL the boys medaling at least 1 time. As for D...solid again. 3rd on floor, 4th on pommel, 5th on vault and p's and 10th on hb. 6th AA. Funny thing, his rings routine was the best I have ever seen...and it was the one he didn't place on! Little mistakes here and there...extra swings on ps, low flairs on mushroom, steps on floor, but overall good meet.

Funny...on vault, the guys were at one end, and the judge at the other. Between the judge and the gymnast were the pbar judges table (3 people) adn the high bar judges table (3 people.) D was the 2nd vaulter, but could not see the judge. So, when a black shirted arm went up, he saluted and went. It was beautiful! The judge was not watching, because it was just someone at the HB table stretching! We were worried!! the coach talked to teh judge and they figured out what happened. After that the judge stood up to salute the boys :) D had to go again, and did an even better vault :) But overall it was pretty funny!

the plan is yes :) I guess we will see. They should be home by 7, and straight to bed!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back